oshawa area?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
crave93

oshawa area?

Post by crave93 »

hey just wondering if theres any one around the oshawa area
CRAVE
C=car R=race A=adrenaline V=velocity E=engine
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

oh yeah there me my buddy on here and a girl just joined the site to from the area.
dohc b6, intake, exhaust, miata cams ready to go in
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

Im next door in Whitby :wink:
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

come on theres got to be more i see so manymx3s compared to the few ppl mentioned on here. i guess ill have to spread the word after im off house arrest about this forum so we can have a local meet every now and then
ubergamer

Post by ubergamer »

Hi! Just joined the forum...

I'm in Courtice, so right next to Oshawa..but you should know that anyways!

I'm seriously considering getting my own car, right now I drive my mom's 03 Aerio SX everywhere...but there is nothing like having your *own* car...

I've been looking at slighty more expensive cars but it might be too much for my first car (was looking at an $8000 2000 protege) but I found this gem.. (or so I hope, and that's why I'm here!)

http://www.trader.ca/powerpage/details. ... id=5593955

What do you guys think? I could definitely afford something like that, and for a first car, I think it would be nice.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hey, I'm not from Oshawa or the area but I joined up a local (to that area) car club based in Whitby. It's a mixed club, the people are great, so try visiting http://www.teamslipstream.com and take part in the meets Thursday night at the AMC/Montanas parking lot on comsumer drive (Thickson Exit off the QEW). I would normally participate but I'm back down in Virginia, USA working, but even then, there getting snow back in Niagara, and the Mx-3 not really snow-worthy anymore, but I would probably take the 626 up just to be there.

BTW, ubergamer, if your looking at Mx-3, normally it's suggested against autos, they can be finiky for reliability, and having a 5spd (for 4cyl and v6 models) make engine swaps much easier and cheaper, that's if you ever decide to go that route. Check the Automatic Transmission and 4cyl forums for info, as well there's the v6 section if you decide to consider that one.

If you wanna check out who's local, we got a map (may need some updates) of "local" mx-3 members. Check it out and post your inlocation so I can add it later.
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.ph ... c&&start=0

It's kinda the off season now, getting cold and dark early, so meets will not be common until spring, but there may be a few gatherings, and the TSS meets should be going on for a tad longer. But check back and hope to meet you guys.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
mzdamx3rsdohc

Post by mzdamx3rsdohc »

hey just saying there lots more mx3s out there that are way nicer. definatly have to get 5 spd to not auto. also is team slip stream kyle kosgroves group with the sentra seR specV
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Yep, that would be them
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
ubergamer

Post by ubergamer »

I've driven like 8 cars so far...all auto, heh

I would eventually like to try a manual however..but overall that seems to be the best mx-3 (as far as *i* know) on autotrader.
havoc13

Post by havoc13 »

i' m from pickering i used to have a done up mx3 but my luck worked against me! Hey mike why aren't i on that map!
Always under construction
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hmm, good question. may of overlooked ya
rebel_princess_lynz

oshawa

Post by rebel_princess_lynz »

i'm from a little town called millbrook, it;s on the side of the 115, just outside peterborough and only 30 mins from oshawa!!
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I just moved from Oshawa to bowmanville. So I'm still pretty close.

been busy working on my house....

Maybe a meet where people help me finish my patio!!! LOL :lol:
Devlin

Post by Devlin »

Typhoonk wrote:I just moved from Oshawa to bowmanville. So I'm still pretty close.

been busy working on my house....

Maybe a meet where people help me finish my patio!!! LOL :lol:
throw in beer and BBQ and i'm there. i'm sure a few of us others should b as well
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

Sure Typhoonk .... I'll come up and your wife and I can sit there and give orders .... hahaha

:mrgreen:

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”