what size rotor do i have? very confused!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92MX3black

what size rotor do i have? very confused!

Post by 92MX3black »

okay to start out i have a 1992 mazda mx-3 1.8 GS 6 cylinder. I recently ran into problems with the ditsy. So i go to Napa to get another one and she says there are 2 different sizes. one size was TOT57071 (.475)...........or model
TOT57072 (.526)..... If it helps the door panel says the car was made 10/91 and there are no modifications to the car that i know of. Any input or expeireneces would be appretiated. Thanks
illapino

Post by illapino »

napa should know better ...

when i got a tune-up, my distributor rotor was replaced without this issue ever emerging for the customer to answer. of course the customer doesn't know and shouldn't need to. go to another shop ...

92 GS
it's their job to figure it out out of their own little shop manuals
probably one of those part numbers is the 4-cyl, NAPA
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well take the triangle off the disty (it comes back on easy) .. take it to them and measure it.. doesnt work for online orders tho..
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

The serial number should be on your disty
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

All V6 MX3 in the US should be small rotor distributors. They stopped selling V6 in 1994, and the large rotor distributors didn't come in until 1995.
tehbrookzorz

Post by tehbrookzorz »

IIRC, one's Hitachi, one's something else. At any rate, they should be able to figure it out with the VIN number in your window, and if NAPA can't figure it out based on that, call Mazda, ask them which one you have, and then call the buggers at NAPA again and they should be able to set you up. It's a long stupid process but I have to do it 20 times a day working at Canadian Tire. Okay, maybe that's an exaggeration, but golly :p.

I got a job offer from Lordco today!
Cody

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”