In the middle of the ze swap(I AM DONE!)

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
hgallegos915

In the middle of the ze swap(I AM DONE!)

Post by hgallegos915 »

Well im in the middle of the swap, 7 hrs and the engine is out. I must say i had a beattch of a time with a few setbacks. The rear mount was STUCK.. glued on like a suckaa.. had to lift engine sideways to get it out. The driver side exle will NOT COME out..its seized in.. i did take it off the trans so it came out ok. The exhaust bolts where also seized but i got them out after playing with them for a good half hour.

Last but not least, my allergies and mud all over the place..YAY

Its a pain but i should be done by monday or tuesday .

Need to find where to get something to plug the manifold hole and to get the de ecu from my friend.
Last edited by hgallegos915 on September 14th, 2006, 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

put the header in a vice, remove the part with the hole in it for the egr pipe, then get a 17mm bolt with a washer on the inside of the piece with the hole, torque it down and boom instant fix, dont have to go get any parts just look for a spare bolt. Both me and barry did it this way and works like a charm
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Just make sure the bolt isn't so long that it pokes into the exhaust stream inside the header. If it is too long then thread a nut onto the bolt, cut it to the right legnth, then twist the nut over the cut end a few times without taking it off. It will worrect any pinched threads so that you can thread it into the header easily.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

I meant the hole under the millenia style manifold. well the hole.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
RizzeRocket

Post by RizzeRocket »

what would happen if u dont have that hole plugged in?
i dont think i ever did it on mine
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

you have a very large vaccuum leak, your car will barely run and if it does it will run like crap
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

Ok small update, the engine is IS, i stayed up late connecting the exhaust..gosh that was painfull. The rear mount was a pain in the fingers! I had to take cross member out and align and screw it in..then the pilyutherane filled mount wripped to shreds... so iguess 80 grade utherane isnt enough.. Anywho tomorrow i clean the intake manifold tun it on used oil for a few minutes then flush and fill. I fixed my transmission seal part no 2007N / I cant wait to get it running. IUll be using klde ecu and k8 vaf..but im sending to probinator for chip de vaf and de ecu iguess.
-hec

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

You must not have let the mount cure or something. Either that or you used the Home Depot crap and not real 80A urethane. I doubt I could get mine to rip with a tug boat pulling each side.
As for the hole under the intake, you have to make a plate for it and use some sealant around the edges to create a vacuum seal. Like Brian said your car will not run with that hole opened.
Also, what did you do to the cross member? It shouldn't need to be messed with.
Just trying to help save you more headaches down the line, not trying to be a party pooper.
Grats on getting the motor set in.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
RizzeRocket

Post by RizzeRocket »

you have a very large vaccuum leak, your car will barely run and if it does it will run like crap
i guess i better plug that in.
and i didnt notice the car run like crap either but i better do it
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

well yeah ill plug it in, weird thing tho is that my friends ze .. he does n ot have it plugged in and hes running high 14.. strange. I think ill slap the de intake for now until i properly seal it. The mount i let it cure for over 2 months, mayve i didnt mix it well. Maybe it was cheap utherane. Got it online for 32 dllrs. Ill rem,akle it and this time use of a more concentrated solution. Thanks for the help pat. The cross member i dont know why i always have a hard time with the rear mount. I did manage to get it installed and it sits properly now.
-hec

slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

RizzeRocket wrote:
i guess i better plug that in.
and i didnt notice the car run like crap either but i better do it
The hole on mine is not plugged for the simple fact that I looked in it and it was blocked off. So no vaccum leak. Look up the hole before you try to plug it it may not even go anywhere. You have to remember if it is Jspec it didn't use egr which is what that hole is for so rather than make two completely different manifolds mazda just blocked off the Jspec one and left the US spec one open. If you have a manifold from a US millenia block it but if it came off of a Jspec im pretty sure you won't need to.
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah i left open and it works fine, no leak..odd.
-hec

hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

OH MY GOD thi9s engine is FAR FAR more superior than the kf of course it pulls and PULLS and PULLS . I dont know if my vris is working rightn but dayum My 1st gear is not there.. if i floor it half ways the tires spin out BIG time.. oh BTW

the priblem was a bad wheel hub. Replaced with a junk yard one and good to go! Also got a new halfshaft from autozone lifetime warranty YO!
-hec

hoffman_BMX89

Post by hoffman_BMX89 »

hey how do u get the halfshaft out from the jack shaft i am gonna have to repace mine soon due to a riped boot
thanks
95 Mx-3 GS [R.I.P.]
96 Mx-3 GSR [Sold]
97 Mitsubishi eclipse spyder [For Sale]
97 Saturn SL2 [Sold]
03 Corvette Z06 [Current toy]
98 Saturn SL2 [Daily]
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2176731" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

hgallegos915 wrote:OH MY GOD thi9s engine is FAR FAR more superior than the kf of course it pulls and PULLS and PULLS .
Uhh YEAH. :roll: Thats why we were saying to go with the KLZE when you were all hyped up about the KF.

Anyway- congrats on the new motor!
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”