ecu location

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
lavaman

ecu location

Post by lavaman »

ok guys i need to know the location of the ecu found on the mx-3 SOHC and the location for the computer in a 1991 mercury tracer lts... the car runs really rough and i think swapping the computers will help... all compression in good
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

It is pretty much behind your radio toward the floor. You know those panels in the middle console on the sides behind the radio where your feet go when you're sitting in the car. Pop those out and you might be able to see em.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
Limegreen mx-3

Post by Limegreen mx-3 »

i have ran a 1.8 protege dx/se ecu on the 1.6 sohc. but i would not reccomend. i did run it like that for 6 month no issuse. i would not recommend it was my car i mess it up it was my own flaut.
(12.4@118@18psi) 92 MX-3, KIA (BP-DE)Swap, Electromotive TEC II Standalone, 8,200 Rev Limit, Custom Intake/Exhaust Manifold, 1,000cc PTE Injectors, Custom Fuel Rail, Aeromotive FPR, 80MM Holley TB, MSD 8.5MM Wires, NGK V-Power #8, SC6262 Turbo, 3 in. DownPipe, Tial WG/BOV, 600HP PTE FMIC, 2.5IN Intercooler Piping, EQUUS/Autometer KIA G-Series Tran, Extreme ACT Clutch, Built BP in starting process.
lavaman

Post by lavaman »

oh no no no no i did a bp swap and was just wondering where the ecu's were... but i found them... now a new problem... the tracer lts ecu is a 2 plug ecu and the mx-3 is a 3 plug ecu... is there a harness that i can buy to swap them in... and will running the stock ecu hurt the motor?
torpedan

Post by torpedan »

Is one of the ECU's from and Automatic and the other from a manual?
-torp.
I don't own a Mazda.
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

lol

3 plug = auto
2 plug = manual
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
lavaman

Post by lavaman »

no its auto to auto.... i dont know why it wont fit but the guys said that the mx-3 is a three plug and the tracer is a two plug... i guess imma gonna half to take a look at it
Rayted_m

Post by Rayted_m »

hey jus use the regular sohc mx3 ecu. thats what im currently using on my mx3. sohc has 3 plugs i belive while the bp engine has 2 plugs.

the way i did my swap was to use the same mx3 harness with same ecu. car works great. been runing for 3months now with no problems.
**~Rayted-M~**
Team **~N.M.E~**
**~CROWN LEGION~** Caloboration
MX-3 Civic head light conversion
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/688645

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”