WTH? Why are the brakes squeling soo loud?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Juans_93_MX3

WTH? Why are the brakes squeling soo loud?

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

The front brakes are only 4k miles old and they are squeling LOUD
What is the deal with these brakes? They usually squel when the car gets hot in 90* degree wether

I got them from AutoZone, might that be why?
Any advice on stopping the squeling?

I even checked the brakes and they still look good.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

oh yeah autozone.. ew LOL jk well um have you checked rotors? mine squak all the time also but i checked and they got alot of life in them.. i think they are seizing.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

hgallegos915 wrote:oh yeah autozone.. ew LOL jk well um have you checked rotors? mine squak all the time also but i checked and they got alot of life in them.. i think they are seizing.
My rotors still look good and my brakes still have life in them but they squeal like a b1tch
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Maybe some brake lube -
http://www.partsamerica.com/ProductList ... ycode=3223

I have never tried this though...
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
ProspectMx3

Post by ProspectMx3 »

Sometimes its the compound of the pad. I have several times before seen where the pads no matter what you do sqeel. Most of the time its the cheap pads cause this. I think you should try a different set of pads.
Stock Sucks
Race Cars!!!
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

I guess I should have gotten brakes at Mazda not autozone
AutoZone dosent even sell the right stuff for our cars espically ENGINE MOUNTS
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
Si1verBullet

Post by Si1verBullet »

Some quick points, I just rebuilt my calipers.

After market pads don't come with new anti squeal shims and springs - did you replace them ?

You need follow a proper break in on the pads as the rotors are worn - have you done this ?

Are the Caliper pins in the bolts that hold the calipers on seized ? this was causing my squealing.
97' UK V6, Standard.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Heres another thing to try...

My wifes brakes squeeked really bad on her old honda and my RS.

turns out.. the brake bads had a coating on the side of the pads that werent wearing off when the pad did and was actually rolling up and always rubbing against the rotor. I took the pads off, used something to scrape that off the sides like a flat head screwdriver, and no more squeaking.

The squealing you hear could also be a wheel bearing.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”