megasquirt / gm sensor question

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
oh-hell

megasquirt / gm sensor question

Post by oh-hell »

ok ive read the page that explanes how to use stock sensors with the MS system {:roll: nasa stuff} and im not willing to attempt it. So now im attempting to round up all the gm parts the web page calls for but no one has them in stock for me to look at them. So my question is will i be needing to imboss my IM and such to get these parts to fit my mx3 or is it going to be a direct fit? Anyone know that has seen or done it b4? any pics? Im going nucken futs. I just want to drive it and it seems like the coser i get the more i gotta do.
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

I just used my factory sensors...i did not run into problems...hooked it up according to the intructions and everything worked fine(just cutting and re connecting certain wires)

but i just recently changed to a GM IAT sensor(only stock sensor im not using) i can give you a picture of that tomorrow when it gets to daytime. Ill also look for the part number for ya tomorrow too. (they said they alwasy have it instock at my advance auto)

Sorry thats the only sensor i can help u with..im using stocks for everything esle.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

hey thanks man, question did you have to modify the megasquirt system to make it work with your ecu?
[fs] 92 MX3 gs 2.5 klze v6, Intake, Exhaust,drop zone spring{awsome},Turbo, Splitfire plugs, fmu, gauges ,drilled slotted rotors ,motegi rims,tires,Blackout lights, and a nut behind the wheel~~ so far.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

I did not modifie anything... got it off the probe talk bul buy..built by shadome. Maybe he did it already? i just hooked it up and it worked...

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

as long as your doing pics would you mind one of the wiring you did. i assume its all near the ecu. if its a hassle no big deal. Also how long did it take to install. what version did you go with, i bought rebel2k4's ms2.2 verson and was wondering if your running the same.
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Copied this from probe talk, this is my unit.

- All new units will be built using the NEW Version 3 Megasquirt PCB.
- Onboard MAP sensor for NA or boosted engines up to 21psi!
- Up rated Flyback circuitry is now built in so you can use any injector - High or Low impedance.
- Log data on your laptop for later analysis.
- Tuning software is free for download and regularly updated with new features.
- Open Source design - all code and hardware information is available online.
- All automotive temperature grade components for increased reliability.
- Added current limiting circuitry to provide increased fault tolerance.
- All units will use the Megasquirt I processor (which at this time offers more features than the Megasquirt II processor)
- All units will come with a Probe specific modified version of the latest stable MSNS-Extra code version.

babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

if using the stock CLT sensor, make sure it is shared with the stock ecu or else it'll give false readings. The GM IAT sensor is just really easy to install. Just drille a hole in your intake plumbing and screw the sensor in place and seal it with some gasket sealer. That's what I did and it never failed.
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

So whats the diffrance between my 2.2 and you 3 ? what did you pay for yours{ not that it matters}. and how do you "share" it the stock ecu?
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

oh-hell wrote:So whats the diffrance between my 2.2 and you 3 ? what did you pay for yours{ not that it matters}. and how do you "share" it the stock ecu?
I didn't have a 3 if the question was intended to me.
You share the clt with the stock ecu when you splice into it. Just leave the stock wire going to the ecu and you connect to it (kinda like a "Y").
I bought mine in the first group buy on Probetalk.com for around 360$?. I had pretty much all options built into it
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

If ur Boosted ur gonna want the OPEN AIR IAT element there part# are as foloows...

GM #25036751
NAPA PN ECHTSC300
Wells PN 235

Here is a Pic of how i installed mine, welded a threaded bung into my intake pipe and screwed it in and put sealer on it just incase.

Here is a small vid of my MSnS wiring harnesss....
http://members.cox.net/antwawnhayes/Megasqirt.wmv

oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

Dan thats awsome, id love to know how to send vid. Thanks for the show i see now whats going on. One thing i was courious about was the group of wires on your ecu that where cut and left out? Also how long did it take you to install??
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Hour or 2. The one u see left cut are the injector wires that go into the ECU...but now MSnS controls them so they dont go to the ECU they go to the MS. Also a tip..make sure u leave alot of wire when u cut them..just incase i mess up you will have enough wire to reconnect.

jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

XxantwawnxX did you get the plug n play unit yourself? I was about to install mine but couldn't confirm all of the supplemental wires designations. I've determined from the enclosed CD from Ryan (builder @ Probetalk for the Bulk Buy) that the Red, White and Green wires are allocated for the 3 sections of the tripple coilpack. The 2 reamining wires (Yellow and Black) are not identified as to their assignment. From what I've determined, the Plug n Play unit doesn't require the GM Intake Air Thermosensor (IAT) but rather uses that same info from the JE50 VAF via the my (KL31) ECU. I'm, waiting on confirmation from Ryan on this, but could use any other insight from those that are conversant with this. thanks,
John
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
oh-hell

Post by oh-hell »

OH CRAP, i was just reading the megasquirt teck page for the 2.2 and i just realized,,, i dont see any passages about boost timeing controll. Does this thing do the timing?
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

jschrauwen wrote:XxantwawnxX did you get the plug n play unit yourself? I was about to install mine but couldn't confirm all of the supplemental wires designations. I've determined from the enclosed CD from Ryan (builder @ Probetalk for the Bulk Buy) that the Red, White and Green wires are allocated for the 3 sections of the tripple coilpack. The 2 reamining wires (Yellow and Black) are not identified as to their assignment. From what I've determined, the Plug n Play unit doesn't require the GM Intake Air Thermosensor (IAT) but rather uses that same info from the JE50 VAF via the my (KL31) ECU. I'm, waiting on confirmation from Ryan on this, but could use any other insight from those that are conversant with this. thanks,
John
I did not get the plug and play. I bought the unit with the harness already made.

Im not using coilpacks so i dont know : P im using the disty. They reason i use the GM IAT is so i can get rid of my VAF its all restrictive.

Oh hell, yea mine controls spark timing...im nto sure if urs does....

Return to “Forced Induction”