who would win guestament CIVIC VS MX-3

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
MechaManZero

who would win guestament CIVIC VS MX-3

Post by MechaManZero »

Ok obviously I will have an MX-3. I am dropping in the BPT GTR hopefully in 2 weeks. I will be using a BPT GTR ECU with an AVC-R. I plan on upping the boost to 15 pounds. Not much weight reduction but no more back seats or spare tire. I am taking the cat out and going with a 18 inch long resonator with 2 1/2 inch piping. No muffler either.

VS.

Early 90's hatch honda civic with LS motor and 11 pounds with a t3/t4 turbo. No cat. pretty sure exhaust will be 2 1/2 inch as well with a fart can.

Who do you think will when. We should be done with the projects in a month and will race. I will tell you the results than. But what do ya think for now.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

you
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

you
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
BuGS

Post by BuGS »

Hmm, for the GTR I would really go with 3" exhaust, all the GTR Guys I know notice a big imporvement from 2 1/2 to 3.

But It will be a good race.
93_4Banger

Post by 93_4Banger »

i think you will win and go 3" exhaust you'll feel the difference also i hope this is on the track and not on the street!
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

Tough to say. An LS motor with 11 lbs from a t3/t4 will be well over 200 whp; that combined with a light a-- car can be a lethal combintation. Where in the world did you find a GTR engine? When I had my RS I was going to do a turbo swap (either GTX or GTR) but I could not find a single GTR anywhere.
T61 powered KLZE
mxmaz

Post by mxmaz »

There is way to many variables involved for somebody to be able to tell you who is going to win. There is only one way to find out
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

I found the gtr engine at http://www.jdmenginedepot.com i called them up origionally looking for a gtx and they were like we have a gtr motor and they sell quick and basically i was like hell yea. So I went to the bank and took out a loan and payed the extra 500 cash.
Flinch

hey

Post by Flinch »

yo man if you can dont run more than 13 psi on the stock BPT GTR turbo my buddy has one nad its wise to stick around 13, you should be able to take Nissan NSX with it, 06 mustang GTs/5.0s and the icing ont he cake is the BMW M3 depending on the weight of your car. That car will do allot if you push it. Take some time to get used to how it handles you dont want to put it int he rubarb. O yeah for quick spool up i would recomend 2.5" strait pipe and i half decent front mount intercooler.
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Are you sure your friend has a GTR cause I did talk to corksport and I could do 18 PSI no problem if I wanna break my gearboxes. Derrick Ambrose also said he has seen people push 24 PSI on those motors on the track and blowing FWD trannys like crazy. Remember a GTR is built bottom and top end. Lightened cam shafts (IDK why they would hollow a camshaft for weight), coated valves, 450cc injectors, 8.2:1 compression, bigger turbo than a GTX, some awsome rods that corksport actually sells for an upgrade for people who want to turbo NA BPs, B8s, and B6s and claim came take 30 PSI. Look at your friends injectors and tell me if they are orange. Also look at the intake manifold for a BPD8 I believe on the back of it, If it doesn't have that on the intake manifold, that ain't a GTR, if it does, it could have been swapped on a gtx. Also there should be no marking on the turbo manifold, if there is its a gtx, the GTR doesn't have a marking on the turbo manifold. Also the turbo is gonna look bigger on the GTR than the GTX.

Also I am learning more about my specs on http://www.323GTX.co.uk . A good amount of people have a gtr there.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
For BPT Frorums - http://www.aokforums.com/mazdaengines/
Flinch

hey

Post by Flinch »

sry its a GTX i thought it was a GTR but he is getitng one its already on the way, my bad but for those of you with the BPT GTX ^^^^^
-KL31 stock internals with curved neck intake manifold and KL36 ecu
-Turbo running 7.5psi
-FMI 3"x12"x32" all alluminum and welded, have a 7.5 PSI spring she just creeps on cold nights
-ACT 6puck sprung/96 probe tranny
-Short shifter
-HEI and MSD 6al (makes a big difference when you spend the 65$ ont he right spark plugs)
-KYB GR-2 struts with H & R springs
-Megan racing seats
-Personal 280mm stearing wheel
-Familia rear strut tower bar
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

Well when he gets the motor he might want to check it out to see if it was a scam motor. When I get a cam I will show you mine so you know what it looks like so you can tell him if he got a scam motor. One that is dressed to look like a GTR. I had to do a full check on mine. Came out to be a 100% BPT GTR.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger
Currently: H&R Lowering springs, BPT from a GTR, 18.5x6x3.5 same side inlet and outlet intercooler, Centerforce Dual Friction clutch
jaydog5678

Post by jaydog5678 »

Hmm...

I'd say alot has to do with the driving ability of both owners. The GTX can boost up to 15psi with the right tunning. It can be fast, I know. I pushed 250 whp and 257ft lbs with the small gtx turbo and was pretty much all it could push. I would almost have to say the other guy might have an edge on you as far as power to weight ratio. You should be looking at a bigger turbo to be competitive. I would recommend any small frame Garrett GT series turbo for it's spool charcteristics and reliability.

The GTR has a BPC8 stamped on the underside, orange injectors, VJ-23 ball bearing turbo, hollow cams, sodiom filled valves, etc....All in all, the best turbo piston engine Mazda has ever produced in the 90's.
natural born honda killer

Post by natural born honda killer »

jaydog5678 wrote: The GTR has a BPC8 stamped on the underside, orange injectors, VJ-23 ball bearing turbo, hollow cams, sodiom filled valves, etc....All in all, the best turbo piston engine Mazda has ever produced in the 90's.

i agree and to tell you the truth just get the gtr running and keep the boost down. break your car in as the motor hasnt probly been ran in years. break it in for about 800-1000 miles before you do any kind of racing. i just got my gtr up and running again after a year of not running and plan on rebreaking it in. the motor is a relic and i dont want to be the reason such a motor pops and goes down the drain. after its broken in then look for simple upgrades to do. first would be a intake and a 3 inch exhaust. then a ebc for boost changing. but before all of that i would look at some engine management. the e6k is great to check everything and i can also change whatever i want.

all in all just do it right and treat it right and itll love ya right back!!!
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
MechaManZero

Post by MechaManZero »

I am def thinking bout breaking this thing in Natural Born Honda Killer. Don't want any crazy s--- happening. But Jay Dog. The VJ-23 is a BALL BEARING and COOLANT COOLED turbo. More advanced than the Oil cooled t3/t4 that utilizes a cartridge. Yes it is bigger but it is being spooled on a 1.6 liter engine. The compression is higher BUT with more displacement and a lower compression for safe boost, after I break this sucker in, I can turn the boost up a bit all the way up to 18 psi which the fuel maps are good for that I have heard. This kid wants to do 10 psi so I am thinking of going to 16 psi. Not going to 18 anytime soon. So at the track I will set it at 16 psi and the streets I will set it at 12 psi.

PS: smaller turbos spool up faster.
Çlark
95 Mazda MX3 4 Banger

Return to “Forced Induction”