Ahhh wont start!!!

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Nantheorc

Ahhh wont start!!!

Post by Nantheorc »

Waz after advice plz...

pulled up at home last night and car died... wont start again.3/4 tank fuel.

its turning over finr but not firing... my best quess is fuel pump but not a machenic so not 100% sure. Car was not over heating and was driving fine before hand. plz hlp as im not in the mood for a mechanic bill that is hundreds of dollers!!!!!! :oops:
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey man check for spark and basic things first.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
XxantwawnxX

Post by XxantwawnxX »

Yea check for spark, pull a wire from the sparksplug and have someone hold it very near a bolt or some ground source in teh motor. Crank it over and see if a spark jumps the gap.

* * * * * * 92 Mx3 ZET, rear/front swaybars,srd crossmember,HKS SSQV,cold air,ZE with millinia mani and TB and 280cc injectors,INtrax springs with tokiko HP struts, Grounding kit, MotegiTrakLite wheels 17's at 14lbs each, MSnS Running fuel and spark,HEI mod,T3/To4E .60/.63 stage 3 turbine,3rd gen rx7 fuel pump, SSAC Headers/hotpipes ,38 ext tial wastegate, findanza flywheel, SBC TZ clutch/pressureplate,braille11pound battery/ magnum drilled F/R rotors,projectors, CXmotorsports almuminum intercooler.
PWRD_BY_HKS

Post by PWRD_BY_HKS »

hey man i had the same problem and mine turned out to be that the fuel pump connection wassent plugged in properly and it is very likely to happen in you took out your back seat and put stuff there ........like people or book bags ......and way just check it out......its worth a try
jdmx-3 KID OF THE Image
VICTORIA RACING
ZE PERFORMANCE IN 915 TX
Kl01-ZE,Kl31 ecu, millenia manifold, ngk plugs, ngk wires, probe tranny/ and clutch (stock), VortecH FMU 12:1, Aeromotive AFPR, Tial .38mm Wastegate w/ 4lbs spring, Walboro 255 pump, AiResearch T4, 3" down pipe, GODSPEED manifold, Spearco Boost Gauges, BF Goodrich G-force drag radials.
14.8 1/4 mile all motor untimed on boost.
Nantheorc

Post by Nantheorc »

dam
Last edited by Nantheorc on May 19th, 2006, 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Nantheorc

Post by Nantheorc »

Ok, have checked the fuel pump connections under back seat and looks fine. Just checked spark and.. no there isnt any :x :x plz advize
ariesdude

Post by ariesdude »

Sound like a fried ignition module in the distributor - you can probably get another distributor or get the mod described here http://www.clubprotege.com/wil/howto/hei/index.htm
94 Mx-3 Precidia
1.8L 4Cyl DOHC newGen BP (used to be B6DE) ATX
http://www.mx-3.com/phpbb2/viewtopic.php?t=54032
http://www.cardomain.com/id/ariesdude
Nantheorc

Post by Nantheorc »

that could be the problem as when it first died i left it 2 min and it went again(after not starting). but it was only that once. thx for that :roll:
92 Eunos presso

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”