What now? More idle problems.

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
corbanbrook

What now? More idle problems.

Post by corbanbrook »

Well fixed my previous idle problems that had to do with o2 sensor and water thermo sensor. Car ran great up until friday when i took the car in to have a new clutch installed and engine flush clean done.

Drove amazing for 2 days, then last night went to the grocery store and everytime i pushed the clutch to the floor the engine idle would quickly stall out. Re engageing the clutch while moving would start up the engine again.. but each time i stopped the car I would have to turn on the ignition again.

It is not throwing any codes... just dieing.

When the car has not been warmed up it idles properly, steady at 1000RPM but the car is really shaking. Muffler is putting up and down and seems like a lot of exaust is coming out.. more then usually, I am constanly smelling exaust fumed in the car.

Now the first day I got the car back, i leisurely drived around. On the way to the grocery store I was really pushing it, fast accelerating, reving the engine high... I just got a new clutch and was having a little fun.. Could i have forced some crud from the throttle body lose? Vacuum leak?

stalling only happens when its warm, when its cool the car just shakes.. but still idles high. Vacuum leak after the car warms up some hoses to expose the leak perhaps. After the drive to work today. I parked the car and attempted to start it again and it turned over but was making a noticable airry 'fffppt ffffppt ffffpt ffffpt' noise. O2 sensor may need another tighten..

When i went to the local tim hotons for a coffee later in the day it was fine.
92 MX-3 1.6L 4 Cyl SOHC
MPG: 21.5city/38hwy
mr1in6billion
Supporting Member

Post by mr1in6billion »

You say it stalls when you press the clutch in. Is that while the car is moving, or when your just putting into first?

Also, your supposed to give a new clutch a 500+ mile grace period to let it settle before any heavy driving. ACT and other sport clutches recommend at least 250 miles.
corbanbrook

Post by corbanbrook »

Stalls when i disengage the clutch while moving..as in the clutch peddle is on the floor.

and yah i guess i should have given it a grace period... but ive been driving with a s--- clutch forever and i wanted to rip around a little.

Today i decided to take a long drive to push out any crud if there was any that got in the engine so i drove to my parents place about 30 mins away. It seemed to help a lot.. but it might only be stalling at certain temp ranges. like when its 1/2 warmed up.. and the richness is being adjusted.
92 MX-3 1.6L 4 Cyl SOHC
MPG: 21.5city/38hwy
Bumpysbro
Supporting Member

Post by Bumpysbro »

my car does the same thing, i press in the clutch and bam idle almost goes to 0 and the whole car shakes like hell. does the same thing when i backup as well, very strange. brand new alternator too, new grounding kit and brand new optima battery. i dont get it
1995 mazda Mx-3 RS 1.6liter DOHC B6-DE

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”