Car bucks/shaked/jolts when tapping gas

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Vanished

Car bucks/shaked/jolts when tapping gas

Post by Vanished »

OK, so pretty much the deal is that when i tap my gas quick it jolts twice and then continues on its way, and I have no clue why this happens. It also happnes when i take my foot off the gas when i'm downshifting (if i don't heal two) it kinda shakes.

Is this normal? Or not so normal? 1992, Stock, gs...no other problems exept bad strut(s).
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
slimmyslim1420

Post by slimmyslim1420 »

When is the last time you done any kind of tune up or maintance? It could really be a variety of things depending on the situation. Have you done anything to try to correct the problem yet? Also how long has it been going on?
1992 GS ZE swap 94 dash swap drilled and slotted rotors full ceramic pads CS SS clutch and brake lines KL-36 ecu zx-2 tokico struts eibach springs short shifter Tenzo exhaust Hi flow cat 2.5 in piping
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I'd bet you need a TPS adjustment or the TPS is bad.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

AH one thing i defantly forgot to say that i probably should of, my CEL light came on a couple weeks ago (TPS code). And my idle fluctuates when i take my foot of the clutch when the car is warm sometimes (it goes to 450, up to 700, then stays at 500)

I'll look into getting a tune up done, winter just finished up. I'll get them to check the tps and i'll replace it.
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
corbanbrook

Post by corbanbrook »

I have this same problem.. I thought it was my bad clutch.. but i had my clutch replaced and it still does this. mainly only noticeable when in 1st and 2nd.

I will look into a new TPS sensor.
92 MX-3 1.6L 4 Cyl SOHC
MPG: 21.5city/38hwy
ccreech

Post by ccreech »

It is your TPS...I am almost possitive. XxAntwanxX says that it could also be your IAC but it is one of those two for sure...I put a new TPS on and it cured this problem.
93 GS KLZE Straight Neck (Parked)
Green Turd of MOCA
Car Domain

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”