Who needs a paint job?

A Forum For Ontario MX-3 Club Related Topics.
kp2t

Who needs a paint job?

Post by kp2t »

ok it looks like there are many ppl who want a paint job.... I need one badly and want to get it done asap.... but if people are interested, if we get a bunch of ppl goin to the same shop, we all save some much needed money!!!

I know a few places... I know ppl that know ppl!! :lol:

1.KP2T -> hurting faded red paint, minor body work!

any takers

just add to the list if ur interested
ImageImageImageImageImage
Spinkx79
Supporting Member

Post by Spinkx79 »

I have a new Drift front end sitting on a shelf at my work...it could use some paint.

What about the other guy who said he had a friend who owns a paint shop, he was going to get a price with the "MX-3.com Discount".
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

hmm well i need a paint job as well but if we actually got a group thing happening it would have to be later but i dont know when i get to go back to work but if i came up with the money id be for sure do i get a mx3.com discount with a dsm? lol
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
den

Post by den »

Oh man my car really needs a paint job and some body work due to small rusts. Went to some shops to get an estimate and its gonna cost me around $1000- $1250. Went to MAACO :D and qouted me $1050.
1992 Mazda MX-3 GS 5 speed
Reverse glow gauge, Custom CAI, Cross drilled rotors. Toucan front strut tower bar, Custom circular ground wires, Custom exhaust w/ stainless oval dual tip muffler, Custom blue turn indicator lights on gauge panel and switches, performance steering wheel, Pacesetter short shifter
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

I'd be interest

where would these shops be....Halton Hills......

and I got the faded blaze red mx-3 too. I'm looking to go a darker red or just to black
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

ok I know I have been silent lately but I promise this week I will have a link for paint! I will inform my link that you are all interested in paint jobs and have prices for ya this week.
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
MX3 GSR for dummies

Post by MX3 GSR for dummies »

Spinkx79 wrote:I have a new Drift front end sitting on a shelf at my work...it could use some paint.

What about the other guy who said he had a friend who owns a paint shop, he was going to get a price with the "MX-3.com Discount".
yah thats me.... :oops:
If at first you don't succeed....it never happened

94 mx3 GS w/ KLZE, KL31 ECU, clutchmaster stage 3, cross drilled rotors, Custom ram air intake, Custom exhaust, Toyo tires, 250LPH fuel pump, Modified Distributor, Upgraded Wiring etc, external HEI, Full Body Drift kit and freshly painted Grey. Interior neon accents and much more in progress
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

waiting for ur word steve
mymx.3
Supporting Member

Post by mymx.3 »

I wouldn't mind getting my spoiler and side mirrors done ... the spoiler is starting to turn white in places ... yikes!!!

DEB
New owner of a "2008 Tiburon GT"
neumann

paint job?

Post by neumann »

I would possibly be interested based on price. Its not that I am really cheap, but the mx-3 is a second vehicle for me/third vehicle for the family and primarily for winter for me. the original paint is great in some places and bad in others. But if a group buy would bring the price down then it might be a "what the heck?" deal. I was going to do some touch up work in a couple of weeks when ambient temps are high enough, so i would fadtor saving that effort into the price i was willing to pay.

What type of paint and process arte you looking at? can we get details? I am sure its not a bare metal job, but what type of prep and what type/how many coats of paint? My understanding is that Maaco will give you some paint job for $400 but it involves almost no prep, and only covers a single coat of flat enamel paint, which only looks good in black, white, red or simple colours.

BTW if it makes any difference in group buy terms my car is the 1994 GS in Silver Stone Metallic code 3L although i am not fussy about exact match.
My Summer car is a Porsche.
My Winter car is a 1994 Mazda MX-3 GS. 1.8L V6, K&N intake, Pacesetter Short Shift, Corksports SS Clutch line, Suspension Techniques lowered, Toyo Garit HTs for Winter Grip.
ven

Post by ven »

I too would be interested in a full car paint job in Black

Let me know the price date and include myself in this...
Thx

VEn
STeve
1996 Black MX-3 GS
North Bay, ON Canada
If your in North Bay lets hang out and go for beers
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

Blaze red fading,,, fading,,, I have a bit of rust on one wheel well and I'm considering to go black or dark blue (indigo).
kp2t

Post by kp2t »

so many reds wanna change to black
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

cuz black is 8)
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
Jay72

Post by Jay72 »

I'd like to darken the red actually, but it would be nice to drop my insurance if I painted it black or blue. There was this Jetta that had this awsome dark blue paint (Indigo? I think. Similar to xerostatus') that had me thinking. By the way, anyone out there have a custom dark red paint job. I'd like to get some ideas.

Thanks,
Jay

Return to “Ontario MX-3 Club”