anyone ever pull engine/tranny/harness?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mazda_Powered

anyone ever pull engine/tranny/harness?

Post by Mazda_Powered »

hey guys, im currently buying a V6 mx-3 for my ZE swap in the protege.

i was just wondering if anyone has tried to pull the wiring harness still attached to the engine?

because i know its possibly to pull the motor/tranny out at the same time, but i was thinking of just feeding the ECU end of the harness thru the firewall while the engine/tranny are being lifted out.

i've seen some trick sensors and plugs too, so i think it'd be easier to pull the harness off a loose engine.

JACK
.::Mazda::speeD::.

working on the 2nd part ;)
Dali
Supporting Member
antispam: No

Post by Dali »

its possible, but easier to unhook the harness from the motor. i have pulled just the harness while the engine was still in, i have pulled the motor and harness at the same time and i have pulled the harness out after the motor and tranny were removed. i know its wasy easier to unhook the motor and pull the harness later.
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

I just did it yesterday.. we pulled the harness with the engine and tranny since I will need to swap the harness since I swapping to MTX. Was a bit annoying to have to feed it through the firewall but was no big deal imo.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Mazda_Powered

Post by Mazda_Powered »

sweet! thanks guys, ya, im guessing its a matter of slowly lifting the engine out while making sure the harness comes out smoothly.

tunes67;

are there any places where the harness is attached to the chassis? like besides the fuse box and what not?

i just want to make this as smooth as possible :)

JACK

Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

The fuse box comes out.. I pulled everything.. diagnostic box.. everything.. oh one thing.. make sure you unplug your O2 sensors LOL Also if you have cruise control you will need to unbolt the vacuum canister and feed it under the wiring harness as you lift the engine out.

Tunes67
"So long.. and thanks for all the fish!" "Momma says VW Bugs are the devil" "This one time at band camp.. I stuck a flute in my Throttle Body" ;)
"Screw you guys.. I am goin home"

I am the Cranky God of Mods!!! Tremble before my fury!! LOL
Mazda_Powered

Post by Mazda_Powered »

sweet, thanks for the help man.

i've already re&re a K8 and tranny just b4 the winter, so it should only take me like 3-4 hours to have it all out :)

thanks again

JACK

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”