Seatbelt problems, inspection past due... HELP!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
psyense82

Seatbelt problems, inspection past due... HELP!

Post by psyense82 »

went to see Mazda today... been having problems with my driver side shoulder belt. i explained that part of the cable came out of the track, which is causing the unit to retract. i tried using the manual slot, itd catch, turn, then it refused to move. they took my name and information, then proceeded to tell me it was at least 40 bucks for the guy to look at it. needless to say i left.

ok... as explained above, ill try and explain in more detail. a few weeks ago my shoulder belt started acting up, ive had the recall done on this already... when the door closed and car was on, the seat belt retracted half way, and when it did, a portion of the cable spooled out from the door closed position of the belt. i managed to fix the protrouding cable, unplugged the motor to the seatbelt so i could work on the unit. after 20 mins i couldnt figure it out. i managed to get a enough of my trim and panels moved so i could easily see everything. now theres about a .5 inch section of cable that is sitting on top of the track near the bottom of the seat belt track. ive tried everything i could think of to pop it back in place. anyone got ideas? anyone done this?
*note i will not be doing the rx7 hatch conversion, id rather get a BP*
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

:bump:
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

can you post some pics how it actually looks like?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

Umm.. Im fairly certian that those seatbelts are covered for the life of the car.. I dont think they are allowed to charge you for a recall like that. Go back in there and explain that this is a recall situation and obviously it has not been fixed.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

well thats what i was thinkin Franko, but is the whole unit covered by the recall, or just part of the auto seat belts?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

psyense82 wrote:well thats what i was thinkin Franko, but is the whole unit covered by the recall, or just part of the auto seat belts?
Someone actually posted a scanned copy withing the last few months I believe of that recall (or whatever it's called) that indicates the specifics/details surrounding the auto seatbelts. Try that.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
psyense82

Post by psyense82 »

found it, and i got it on disk.. goin in a bit to print it. and it states if the belt binds in anyway.... my cable is bound up... so i guess im covered. thanks guys, helps always appreciated
letoplaya4

think so?

Post by letoplaya4 »

question...wat if my retractable belt isnt there anymore....for instance when i bought the car it didnt come ith one becuz the guy cut it off....think itll stll be covered?? its only on my driver side
Nd4SpdSe

Re: think so?

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

letoplaya4 wrote:what if my retractable belt isnt there anymore....for instance when i bought the car it didnt come with one because the guy cut it off....think it'll still be covered?? its only on my driver side
That sounds like a warranty-void situation
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I don't think they will replace a missing seat belt for free. However, get one from a junk yard and put it in. If it doesn't work THEN go to Mazda and have it fixed or replaced. :wink:
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
wepeo

Post by wepeo »

i have the same problem wit hthe seat belt. I called my dealership and they told me that the recall had a time limit. The limit had expired. So im thinking about getting a racing seat installed. maybe even fabricate a shoulder belt set up or lol a 3 point seat harness...
Billyd

Post by Billyd »

my shoulder harness won't even move it just stays in the same position so I don't use it. Is there a relay switch or something that may have gone out? 1994 MX3 1.6 5 speed.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”