12.6 @108 MPH MX-3

A forum for Drag Strip/Track Racing Discussions. (NO Street Racing or Kill Stories, they WILL be deleted.)
Slammed6

12.6 @108 MPH MX-3

Post by Slammed6 »

Well i finally took my car to the LACR track the other day and i ran a 12.6 at 108 MPH. Not bad, but i am trying to get my 60ft down, i hit a 1.9

Mods on the car at the time were:

Stock Intake :-P
Millenia Intake Manifold
KL-31 Cammed KLZE
KL-36 ECU
Fidanza Flywheel
Clutchmasters Stage 4 (4-Puck)
26"x8.5" Mickey Thompson Slicks
SS Autochrome headers
2.5" Straight pipe
2.5" Dynamax Muffler
75 ZEX shot (~60WHP) Damn overrated shots
91 octane Pump Gas

Car weight down to approx 2550 with me in the car. LOL But i had about 1/2-3/4 tank of gas.

My first run ever on slicks was a 12.8, and my second run was a 12.6. I was just happy that i didn't break anything, so i didn't run anymore. But i know there is room for improvement, maybe to get a 12.4 or 12.5.

Well there will be more runs soon, with faster times
***D-Tuned Custom KL MX-3 on Nitrous***
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

pretty good times man, itll improve for sure
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
fieromx3
Supporting Member

Post by fieromx3 »

those r dam good time for ur mods. do u got any sort of lsd? also get an intake u will gretly benefit from it. also do u have the kl-ze? if u do they come stock with the kl-31 cams is not an upgrade to them.
93' MX-3 GS-ZE
14.4 @ 96.7
14.5 @ 97.2
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

fieromx3 wrote:those r dam good time for ur mods. do u got any sort of lsd? also get an intake u will gretly benefit from it. also do u have the kl-ze? if u do they come stock with the kl-31 cams is not an upgrade to them.
there is kl01 and kl31 cammed ze's

hes just pointing out which ze he has
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

those are really nice numbers,
I didn't thought a mx on juice could go that low.
thumbs up
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

:shock: :o Sweet, That is the lowest number I've seen with so few mods. GREAT job!!
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

pretty good times man, itll improve for sure
I hope so, it was first time at the track, and my first time on slicks.. :lol: So i was getting the feeling down after the 2nd run.
those r dam good time for ur mods. do u got any sort of lsd? also get an intake u will gretly benefit from it. also do u have the kl-ze? if u do they come stock with the kl-31 cams is not an upgrade to them.
No, no LSD. I am using the stock MX-3 tranny that i bought the car with.

Yeah, everyone was telling me to put an actual CAI, but the reason y i have my stock intake box and stuff is all my nitrous solenoids and stuff is hidden in there. :lol:. No one ever suspects that.

Also i used the KL-31 cammed KLZE and put the Millenia Manifold on the car, that is the best of both worlds. The curve neck ZE manifold flows better than the straight neck ZE, and the KL-31 cams are more agressive than the KL-01 cams that come in the other ZE. So i just made a hybrid...kinda.

those are really nice numbers,
I didn't thought a mx on juice could go that low.
thumbs up
Thanks, Haha, neither did i. You should have seen my face when i saw my timeslip...I was like they F'd up...OMG! i am fast now. LOL
Sweet, That is the lowest number I've seen with so few mods. GREAT job!!
Thanks, I will be running it at the track again real soon but on a 100 shot, so i am interested to see what kinda times i can pull. Also i have 2 passes under my belt on slicks..LOL. So i am sure i will get my launches down better.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

You haven't mentioned that your are/were using the upgraded ECU. I'm refering to the one you were/are promoting that is supposed to be a better alternative to a regular KL31 or KL36 ECU. Was this an oversight? If not, could you explain, thanks?
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

Oh yeah, sorry.

Umm i was running the KL-36 ECU. I did not run my friends EPROM. He was making them, I had my K8 ECU chipped. But i never ran it on the car yet, My friend ran it on his probe, but it ran funky....and we think its cause the different VAF and Injector sizes. But we have a dyno day coming up. I don't know all the facts about it, cause i didn't design it. :lol:

But the things we were having having issues was that u have to use a KL VAF rather than the K8 VAF, and the injectors are 180cc as opposed to the 220cc injectors. That was the differnce when chipping a K8 ECU to a KL ecu.

But the ideal setup would be a KL ECU and and KL VAF and that would work 100% fine in the MX-3...but we were just trying to get it 100% in the K8 ecu, so no VAF swapping has to be done. And then i will be changing over.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

What slicks brand/size?

EDIT: 26"x8.5" Mickey Thompson Slicks

- Woops my bad.
n2ogsze

Post by n2ogsze »

That's pretty low for the mods you have. Let's see some time slips.
T61 powered KLZE
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

HAha, i carry my timeslips in my wallet..i cherrish these things.

I really don't have a way to post them...sorry
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

I'm going for 12's this summer.... I think if I go to a 100 shot with slicks I could do it.
kiwi_MX3

Post by kiwi_MX3 »

id like to see a time slip or a link to a dragway where they
post the times ....

Why, well to punch a 12.6 you need to be putting 260hp at the
wheels with good traction.
Kiwi - Native Bird Of New Zealand, semi-nocturnal, secretive bird
Flightless, though can be found flying firstclass
Poor eyesight, though can spot a good pub at 100yards.
Slammed6

Post by Slammed6 »

I have my slips right here with me and they show the times at LACR, so they would have to be corrected.

When i did dyno my car, it put down about 270-280 WHP. And i was running 26x8.5 M/T Slicks. But even with those i was still having some traction issues, due to me having them filled a lil high with air as to keep me from snapping an axle

EDIT:Now i have changed my headers out for Pacesetters (more power), and i upgraded to a 67mm TB, Also got a new Probinator ECU ERPOM, Got a true ram air/cold air intake system, and i will be upgrading my shot a 100 WET.

NEW TIMES HERE I COME!!! :shock:

Return to “Drag Strip/Track Racing”