Motor Mount Replacement. Thanks Gro

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
FIMotorMX-3

Motor Mount Replacement. Thanks Gro

Post by FIMotorMX-3 »

Well a while back I posted the problem of my front mount being busted. A lot of guys had some great tips and I chose to go with Gro's suggestion to go with AWR. I spoke to Tony from AWR and had the front mount for a Probe/Mx-6 sent to me. Something like 95 total for it shipped to me. And it was simple to install, by going with Gro's suggestion. The mount is urethane and bolts right in with very little modification. You need a 14mm socket and 17mm socket. Air ratchet would be a big help. First get the car up on ramps and undo your crossmembers.... AFTER YOU HAVE SUPPORTED YOUR ENGINE. use a hydraulic jack and some 2x4s and support under your oilpan. When removing the xmembers you must unbolt the front and rear motormounts bottom studs. This will make life much easier. You have to drill out the front mounting holes on the crossmember because your stock ones are only 14mm and the Probe uses 17mm. After that, just unbolt the front mount from the engine and install in reverse order. It literally took about 30-45 min to do the whole thing and what a difference. You can order a mount for the MX-3 through AWR but since I'm running a ze, I thought, and Tony (from AWR) agreed that using the larger studs of the Probe might be a good decision because of the horsepower difference. This is highly recommended as an alternative to filling your stock mounts or buying Mazdaspeed. I haven't checked with Tony about the three other engine mounts but if they have the front, they may have the others. The mx-3 mounts are not listed on their site but are available according to him.
sold it to a friend.93 green MX-3 with ZE swap. KL36 ecu, modified carbon fiber intake from a civic hatch. Centerforce Dual Friction clutch from MX-6. black Konig Minuz wheels, Synthetic fluids, 3 gauge pillar pod with air/fuel, water temp and oil press. Autometer Shiftlight. B&M short shifter. 2.25 piping with a Greddy SP1 muffler, AWR urethane front motormount, pheno spacers, Intrax Springs, Mazdaspeed Sideskirts. The New Ride is a 2003 1.8t a4
check out myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D795345349

my cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2142324 UPDATED!!!! 08/28/06 newest pics
nolanspawn

Post by nolanspawn »

Interesting it worked. I had tried in the past on working on some mounts for you guys. We had issues getting specific mounts for refabrication. This should help to get this going again.

Josh
1994 Ford Probe 2.0L
AWR R&D
chertel

Post by chertel »

I am on awr's site now. The front mount for the 93-97 mx-6/probe.
$81.99?
FIMotorMX-3

Post by FIMotorMX-3 »

That's the mount. 81.99. It was the shipping from cali that brought it up to 95 for me. And like I said, it was only about a 30-45 min job with the right tools to get it in there. Simple to do and what a difference.
sold it to a friend.93 green MX-3 with ZE swap. KL36 ecu, modified carbon fiber intake from a civic hatch. Centerforce Dual Friction clutch from MX-6. black Konig Minuz wheels, Synthetic fluids, 3 gauge pillar pod with air/fuel, water temp and oil press. Autometer Shiftlight. B&M short shifter. 2.25 piping with a Greddy SP1 muffler, AWR urethane front motormount, pheno spacers, Intrax Springs, Mazdaspeed Sideskirts. The New Ride is a 2003 1.8t a4
check out myspace:
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu ... D795345349

my cardomain: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2142324 UPDATED!!!! 08/28/06 newest pics

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”