Reverse lights....

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
Legato626

Reverse lights....

Post by Legato626 »

Ok my Reverse for some resan do not turn on. And its a real pain that at night i am unable to see. So i was wondering if there is any info or tips i can try to find out why they are not working. The bolbs look fine but i have not yet checked with a volt meter yet to see if i have power going through it tho.
1994 toyota supra single turbo
1994 Mazda MX-3 KL-ZE

If god owned a car... It would be a supra!!!
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

The fuse is the "meter" fuse under the dash.

Check with a meter for voltage first if you can (ignition on), otherwise its likely to be the switch on the tranny. It has 2 wires going to it - BLACK / YELLOW should be positive (ignition on), RED / GREEN should power up when in reverse and power the lamps.
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
zstadt

Post by zstadt »

Auto or manual trans?

If manual;
I had the same thing happen: reverse lights not working. Well, I checked the bulbs, no luck, I checked the fuses, no luck, and I wound up replacing the Reverse Indicator Switch, or something to that effect, that threaded into the transaxle. It was a real easy fix, besides the fact that I got gear oil all over my hand because the hole it threads into is on the bottom of the transaxle.

Anyway, this is worth giving a try. A simple test to see if that is, in fact, the culprit is to unthread the sensor/switch, plug the hole in the transaxle, turn the ignition on, and press the button on the sensor/switch. Of course, you'll need either a mirror or someone else to watch and see if the lights come on in the back.

My guess is that this is your problem. I hope this helps.
*'93 MX-3*

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”