Race city Oct 7th

A forum for MX-West Car Club Related Topics. MX-West has two Chapters;, the original is in Vancouver, British Columbia, and the second is in Calgary, Alberta.
Rick Johnson

Race city Oct 7th

Post by Rick Johnson »

To whom it may concern: I will be racing tonite, feel free to come watch and hang out...

-Rick
Darcy

Post by Darcy »

I already had my secret street (er... highway) this afternoon :)
Got back from Three Hills from a job in just under an hour by taking a nice stretch of empty road. Managed to drive a 60km stretch in about 20 minutes :) Had to crank the stereo and drive with the headlights on too since the stupid alternator I got is chargin my spiffy new battery at like 15.8V. At least I didn't get stranded out there.

Oh, is this the Chick's Skyline that you were talking about? Saw her the other day and managed to snap a photo with my oh-so-impressive VGA cameraphone.

Yes, it was right-hand drive.
What

Post by What »

I don't know if it was the cool night, but I didn't see too many people in the stands for the last SS event of the year.

Super Rick got a 13.8@10xmph?

Crappy Kyle had a best of 14.6@97mph..

1st bunch of runs were frustrating, 12mph faster than NA and almost the same ETs. Best run was on 4-5psi in first, then 7-9psi. I didn't look at my boost gauge during the runs, only peak setting after. I noticed after I dropped rick off and played around that in gear I was only getting maybe a max of 9psi on the highest boost setting that I used in 3rd gear. Boost controller was spiking a little between shifts... 2.5s 60 fts. bla bla bla, I had more fun running 16s, but I guess there is next year.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Yeah that was a fun night, thanks for the ride. I should be fixing that axle tommorow sometime...finally. I'm going to get dyno'ed soon just out of curiousity. Would you be interested in coming? If I can get 6 people together we could get a deal perhaps.
What

Post by What »

bleah... midterms. I haven't really been online.

I do my dynoing with Reg at rcts. I think that having a dyno day on a weekend came up as a possibility before, but there were too many people strapped for cash.

If you are available on a weekday sometime, I should be able to get you a deal at Regs if I go down and do the hook up.

The only thing I would watch for is the extra load of the dyno and the nitrous. There is no give of tires squealing and there is a whole lot less give in general as you are pretty strapped down. It ends up being a lot harder on engine/driveline than a turbo with the instantaneous change of torque.
Rick Johnson

Post by Rick Johnson »

Thanks for the advice. Which dyno do they have? I'm leaning towards a dynojet if possible but it seems like only davenport has one...
What

Post by What »

dynojet with the software to control it at specific rpm points and yadada if you need to do a lot of tuning.

http://www.monsterhorsepower.com

Return to “MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB)”