Stumble

4-Cyl. Technical/Performance Discussions
yiorta

Stumble

Post by yiorta »

I have a strange problem with my 96 1.6 DOHC. When i press the gas petal it stumbles to death. It wants slight changes not heavy foot! A friend of mine connected a ground wire from MAF to battery minus and it does not choke almost at all but i can tell the performance is not best! Especially when i engage the A/C or heated glass the car shakes and chokes again. My idle screw is fully turned to right and my idle ~1000rpm. I have reseted ECU, had no codes, i have 100.000Km and i can say everything is ok. What can be wrong? Maybe ECU? Maybe a wire to the MAF? Ihave changed battery, spark cables and gaps, cap-rotor, new iac, new O2 sensor, thermostat. :roll:
Chaos

Same Problem

Post by Chaos »

I have a 94 RS and I have the exact problem.. My car idles some times at 1000 RPM and when I turn on the AC for instance it stumbles way below 1000 until it eventually cuts off. If I don't keep my foot on the gas pedal when the AC is running to keep the car at 1000 or above the car cuts off I have replaced the alternator with a GS alternator thinking that it was an electrial problem.. but it did not work.. same problem..\\
any help would be appreciated
We Create the path... Others just walk it
yiorta

Post by yiorta »

I ve seen no air leak, forgot to mention new catalytic converter. Could be the timing or the distributer? Any idea?
dj inferno

Post by dj inferno »

when i turn my ac on my car idels at like 1500+ RPMs...

Return to “4-Cyl. Technical/Performance”