I NEED YOUR KNOWLEDGE

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ooELMOoo

I NEED YOUR KNOWLEDGE

Post by ooELMOoo »

KLZE QUESTIONS
I know what ur going to say ...just search it...i have and there are to many questions and awnsers out there about the kl-ze ....so im going to ask mine :) ....Im more of an electronic and cosmetic knowledged man and i think its time to learn the engine bay

1.)Does anyone know of a good place in or around Vancouver ,BC ,Canada to purchase a klze ?(shipping is a killer)....or any good places in canada.

2.)What other parts do i need to buy. I will buy the engine then i need????ex: kl31 ecu...keeping in mind i already have a parts car mx-3 and then the engine comming out of this one.

3.)Would u guys say that the engine install could be performed by a engine newb..a.ka. ME. with the ze install guide on mx-3.com.or i will need alot of help from a fellow mx-3er? or the last resort off just sticking it in the shop.

4.)Once i find the engine is there anyone in vancouver that knows a good deal about inspecting them for good shape and can come INSPECT it for me .....and will be compensated obvcourse.

5.) What is a realy good type of headers for the kl-ze and what is the average hp gain from them???

___________________________________________________________________________________________
IM sure i have alot more question but this is good for now..Thanks for the help in advance .
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
ooELMOoo

Post by ooELMOoo »

??????????i know u all know about this kinda stuff stop holding out lol
----------------
| CUSTOM X3|
----------------
Selecta

Post by Selecta »

Hehehehehe well I am no expert but I just got a ZE installed on mine so maybe I can give you hand with your questions. There are several places here in Toronto where you can get a ZE but then you have to deal with the shipping cost, so it may be worth checking local.

As for putting it in yourself that would be something you have to be comfortable with, I had someone put the engine for me cause I knew I would mess it up some way or the other. You would of course need the correct ECU either a KL36 or KL31 upgrading your clutch kit is also a good idea since the motor will be out and stuff and the increased grip will make a difference.

As for headers I know PSI Tunning has a set and the gains are posted as well. Hope this helps and I am sure you will get much more help from the guys/gals far more technically inclined than I.
Friends are just enemies who lack the testicular fortitude to kill you.

I'm a 2min man in a 1min universe

94 GS - KLZE, Spec2 Clutch, Fidanza 9lbs FW, 2 1/4 full magnaflow exhaust. 145WHP / 147WTQ
bmwm3guy

Re: I NEED YOUR KNOWLEDGE

Post by bmwm3guy »

ooELMOoo wrote:1.)Does anyone know of a good place in or around Vancouver ,BC ,Canada to purchase a klze ?(shipping is a killer)....or any good places in canada.
Try the MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB) forum
ooELMOoo wrote:2.)What other parts do i need to buy. I will buy the engine then i need????ex: kl31 ecu...keeping in mind i already have a parts car mx-3 and then the engine comming out of this one.
Shoulda searched that :P hehe.. its all in the walk throughs. Clutch, Resurfaced flywheel, coolant, oil, WD40, prybar, pipe (pry bar extension ;) hehe make sure it is a MasterCraft or Craftsman and bring them back when they break with that "WTF just happened" look on your face. :P ), jack, axel stands, torque wrench, KL ECU or K8 ECU with the K8 intake Manifold, Power Steering fluid, timing belt, timing belt tensionner, water pump, exhaust gaskets... thats all I can think of, but again it is all in the walk-throughs
ooELMOoo wrote:3.)Would u guys say that the engine install could be performed by a engine newb..a.ka. ME. with the ze install guide on mx-3.com.or i will need alot of help from a fellow mx-3er? or the last resort off just sticking it in the shop.
I did two swaps last year with no prior car experience (besides oil changes lol) and I was 18... All I did was read the forums and all the info I could on the web. First swap I did with my buddies, and the second I did by myself. No problems at all (besides a dead motor... frikkin EngineLand aka JDM motors in Montreal, QC screwed me).
ooELMOoo wrote:4.)Once i find the engine is there anyone in vancouver that knows a good deal about inspecting them for good shape and can come INSPECT it for me .....and will be compensated obvcourse.
Again, Tty the MX-West Car Club (Vancouver, BC / Calgary, AB) forum
ooELMOoo wrote:5.) What is a realy good type of headers for the kl-ze and what is the average hp gain from them???
The SSAutoChrome ones seem to be the "best" for now. Best fitting and they show good hp gains. try http://www.psituning.ca

If you need a hand add me to your msn ehusband@hotmail.com and Ill help u out if I can.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”