intake, wiring, swap help

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
boywithamazda

intake, wiring, swap help

Post by boywithamazda »

So i'm doing a klze swap and i'm trying to do it as fast as possible. I only have the k8 ecu and was wondering should i just run it with the jdm intake or swap to the k8 intake and then switch back whenever i get the better ecu? (which would probly be within a week or two)
Also i've heard the wiring harnesses are the same, but the ze one seems to have extra plugs on the back...would it make any sense to switch harnesses or is that a complete waste of time?

lastly...my tranny won't separate from the old motor...i've tried prying it off, shaking it...nothing...any tips would be appreciated.
93 mx3 gs-ze, kl31,headers. other exhaust stuff. Intake harvested from a dumpster.
NoRtSeVEn

Post by NoRtSeVEn »

i had a problem with seperating my tranny from my old motor, i had just overlooked taking the plate on the bottom of the tranny off, dont know if that helps at all, i used my k8 wiring loom with a kl36 ecu, dont know if you wasting your time changing it though.
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

your wasting your time changing harnesses. the ze doesnt have extra clips but yours will when you put the ze in because ze doesnt use egr so theres 2 or 3 clips that wont be used
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

3 extra clips on the K8 wiring for the EGR. one gray on the trans side and two on the back, one oragne and one another color. Easy to figure out though since they won't plug into anything else. You might also have one extra thermo sensor wire from the K8 harness that won't plug in. It is best to fix that by using the K8 upper radiator connection. If you don't the rad fan will run all the time. Not really a problem just wear out the fan quicker and annoy you after awhile. Also the K8 ECU will work fine with the the curved ZE intake. You will run ritch untill you swap it for a remapped ECU or a ZE ECU so you will want to fix that. Also you'll get less HP from the K8 ECU. Use the K8 MAF.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”