Models of engines

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
NewHaven

Models of engines

Post by NewHaven »

So my K8 finally blew up and I am looking for a different engine. The problem is when I call junkyards they can not understand that I want a the KLDE. I tell them what cars it is from and that I am swapping it into a MX3. I have been meeting anger or confusion. So I say that I have an MX6. They need some VIN numbers and I wonder what are the best to give them. I have a pre 93 MX3 so the 93 engine works best, right. Should I just keep telling them about the swap or lie and use fake VIN numbers? What is a good price?
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Just tell them you need ANY 2.5 liter engine from ANY Mazda V6 from 93 - 1997. If they can't understand that...... :roll:

Depending on where you live, it might be easier to look for a KL on a regional or for sale forum on MX6.com or probetalk.com
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

wow man do some more research. Don't tell a wrecker "i want a klze" they aren't going to know wtf your takling about.

obvoiusly the KLDE is from a 93-97 probe gt / mx6 LS or 626 ES, so obviously you'd ask them for an engine from those cars.

or you could go here:

http://www.car-part.com
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”