Florida Mazda MX3/MX6/Probe meet in West Palm 8/13

Organizing An MX-3 Meet? Post Your Info Here.
hppwdn

Florida Mazda MX3/MX6/Probe meet in West Palm 8/13

Post by hppwdn »

Saturday August 13th looks like the best day. It will be exactly 3 months from our previous meet and not conflict with school schedules.

The meet will be at Okeeheelee park in West Palm.

http://www.co.palm-beach.fl.us/parks/lo ... heelee.htm
7715 Forest Hill Blvd.
West Palm Beach, FL 33413

It's a really big park and has plenty of parking. I'm going to check it out this weekend to see which pavillion will be best for us.

It costs $106.50 to reserve the pavillion plus a $100 deposit.

I'm not quite as generous as mimmp so I'll be entertaining paypal contributions to sweetrecords@hotmail.com. Should we clear the $106.50 we may have some pretty cool door prizes. Hopefully some minor performance accessories. I like this door prize raffle thing.

Track Meet is official - Gates open at 6PM. So if we all get there between 5:30 & 6PM we should be able to get pretty close to each other in the staging lanes. I know a lot of people are arranging their trip around getting there for the track meet Friday.

Here's the address of the track. Cost to race is $15. I think cost to watch is also $15 (might be $10)

MOROSO MOTORSPORTS PARK
17047 Beeline Hwy.
Jupiter, FL 33478

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE - May 23
I reserved the Osceola pavillion at Okeehelee for Saturday August 13. It's a nice pavilion on a hill with a lake view and a curvy little road up to the pavilion great for taking pictures. It even has it's own private bathroom and playground for the kids.

UPDATE - June 12
The permit for the pavillion came in the mail today. The place is really cool. Looks to be a great meet.

UPDATE - July 23
Megasquirt giveaway - Shaodome has made quite an offer from his new Power Squirt Industries venture. If we can get an additional $150 in donations he will donate a fully assembled Megasquirt for the meet. We will give it away raffle style. All contributors (including the ones already received) will get 1 ticket in the drawing per $5 donated. Thanks JORDAN!!!! Who will be the next squirter on MX-3.com?????

Donation List (Total Received $100)
05-17-05 - mimmp - Probetalk
05-18-05 - shaodome - MX6.com/Probetalk
06-22-05 - tw1st3d_cl0wn - MX-3.com
05-15-05 - Crimson_Red - Probetalk (even covered the paypal fees)
Last edited by hppwdn on July 23rd, 2005, 1:53 pm, edited 6 times in total.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
NSCRA 2009 FWD Drag Radial Finalist
HIN/NOPI Supershow Class Winner - Miami 2010 - Street-Sport Compact-Mazda
Links: Pretty Pic, GoFast Pic, Timeslip, Track Video
As of July 2011 the MX3 has been retired and sold.
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

How far is that fron Atlanta?
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I would say around 8 hours. The address is there, so mapquest it to make sure. I never made that drive. I used to Orlando to Dublin, GA in 5.5 hours at reasonable speeds.

I forgot to mention too. The night before (Friday) a bunch of the guys are trying to have a track meet at Moroso. I'm also rounding up some discounted hotel rooms from a local probe owner who works at Holiday Inn.
92 MX3 Turbo ($100 junkyard KLG4) 11.904 @ 124.3mph, 14psi, DOT approved Hoosier drags, pump gas.
andy

Post by andy »

I will be there. I live about 10 minutes from the park.
I'm gong to keep that weekend open.
I would also like to meet up at moroso friday night.
It would be fun to see an mx-3 ZE make some passes
compared to a stock one.

Andy P. 93 GS
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I'm up in West Palm beach all the time on the weekends. I'll have to try and meet up and get you introducedto the crew up there. It's the little house right there at turnpike & Lake Worth Road across from the Perkins/Holiday Inn. There's always someone out there working on a KL V6. I put the motor in my MX3 right in front of the house.
andy

Post by andy »

I see guys working out there all the time on probes. I haven't seen
the mx-3 out there yet. I live off Lantana rd but I'm on Lakeworth rd
alot. I keep telling myself I'm going to stop in one day but I'm usually not alone. IF you go up to Moroso sooner than August, let me know.

Andy P. 93 GS
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

I live in Miami and the MX3 is living in Hollywood right now. I usually bring the Blazer when I go to West Palm since we are going to swap another ZE in the MX3 in a couple weeks.

Here's a pic from the swap. You can even see the Blazer in the background.

If you stop by Sean is the one that lives there (White Probe) and Jorge is the one with the Black probe. If you stop by tell them Andy sent you. Here's link to pics of the cars.
http://forums.probetalk.com/showthread.php?t=1701160015
barbarino69

Post by barbarino69 »

wow, I had no clue there were mxers in south florida. All the mx-3's ive seen have been run down pos's driven by grandmas. LoL. Right now my mx is completely stock with some minor body damage and no engine. I live in boynton beach, right off gateway and congress, maybe some of us palm beach county guys can meet up at moroso sooner than august and just chill. I could also use some help on my swap, thinking about doing a v4-v6 swap..
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Alright, so this thread has been called to my attention...

I live in Deerfield Beach, FL, and a meet in West Palm or wherever else you all plan on meeting sounds cool to me, but I have a question since I have never been involved in antything like this...

Are these things more geared toward those who have modified cars? Mine's completely stock, nothing special at all, so I'm wondering if I would kind of feel like the odd one out. I would mainly be interested in seeing other people's cars, and meeting some nice people who own an mx-3 like I do.
hppwdn

Post by hppwdn »

A lot of people will have varying levels of work done. Some engine work, some appearance work. This isn't a meet to work on cars though. This is just a get together for fellow Mazda enthusiasts. We are trying to start arranging them every few months at different places around the state.
I would mainly be interested in seeing other people's cars, and meeting some nice people who own an mx-3 like I do.
That is the main reason we have the meets so you should feel right at home.
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

I'll probably head down to WP from Tampa here in the 13th. That sounds like loads of fun. I still haven't met any mxer's around here...so I'm looking forward to it. It sounds like a decent amount of MX3s will be there, so count me in!
barbarino69

Post by barbarino69 »

August 13th works sounds good. I think its a good idea. My mx-3 is nothing compared to some of yours im sure, But I have some stuff planned for september. Ill probably send ya some money to help out with the costs. Peace for now

Who drives the yellow and black GS?
PoisonDrop

Post by PoisonDrop »

barbarino69 wrote:My mx-3 is nothing compared to some of yours im sure
You should see mine right now. I think I'm going on 4 different colors on the exterior...I'm doing all the body work myself before I go to paint. I have everything lined up and it looks good, but I haven't had a chance to get it in for a paint estimate yet. Black, red, grey, and white...it looks like Frankenstein right now...LOL...I hope I'll have everything done by the 13th...
barbarino69

Post by barbarino69 »

yea. That sounds pretty bad. But my car is right along with ya. The passenger side fender is all dented from a collision a few months ago, (got backed into...gotta love the elderly) the paint used to be black, but its faded in most. The hatch garnish flew off on I 95 while i was driving and got ran over a few times. The back seats are out and the interior needs work. Oh and the weather stripping on the doors is hanging off.( need to get that fixed before the next cane.) So yea, Ill show up at the meet, but I wont be showing off my car, thats for sure. lol
tw1st3d_cl0wn
Supporting Member

Post by tw1st3d_cl0wn »

Wow dude, that sucks about your car. The hatch garnish and the fender bender. You're right though, gotta love the elderly. An elderly lady is what caused me to have to get another car (my mx-3) in the first place. But I'm kind of glad now, since the mx-3 community is so nice. I won't be showing off mine either though, I have dings and scratches all over my car, my back seats are ripped, and duct taped from the previous owner. Haha. My exhaust is slowly rotting away I think. Plus my front seats are from an earlier year mx-3, so they don't match at all. But...I still love my car. :P

Return to “MX-3 Meets”