Damb Koni's

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
Josh
Supporting Member

Damb Koni's

Post by Josh »

ok so the other day i noticed that my rear passenger side wheel gap seemed lower than the rest of the car. so when i got home i measured it from the center of the hub to the fender. was the same as the other side.

well today i head over to Les Schwab to pick up a battery for the wife’s car and i noticed the rear passenger had a wired squeaking noise. so after i got the battery i decided to check that side before i left. and the dam nuts on the strut were almost falling off. so since Les Schwab was the last ones to touch it i chewed their asses. and now they want to give me another alignment for free.

But as i was under their i notices oil marks on the underside of the pirch. when i got home i pulled the strut and sure enough one of the Koni's blew out. iv only had them since December. this SUX a--. so now iv got to rebuild it, any one know where to order a rebuild kit cheep?

just had to vent a little
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

though its a bit dihonest, i'd try to blame the blown strut on the fact that those guys dint tighten you bolt when they did the alighnment. Make em' pay for the rebuild kit, get it. Man i'm terrible :shock:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
ertaisi

Post by ertaisi »

Individual > corporation

...or so says I, rage against the machine :twisted:
'95 RS: RIP
manowar821
Supporting Member

Post by manowar821 »

Totally. That company can afford it no problem, just tell them it was their fault. :twisted:
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

i think he was asking where he could buy a rebuild kit, not to be encouraged to do the wrong thing...

personally i don't know where to get a cheap rebuild kit, but do the honest thing and pay for it yourself, or take it up with Koni... unless u honestly feel that the store was truly the reason for the breakdown...
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Hey now, I was only sugesting it might be there fault, LOL. As for a rebuild kit, any retailer that sold you the kit to begin w/ should stock or atleast have access to the rebuild kit. Plus i'm not sure what kinda warantee Koni offers, but you may be covered directly through them as well.
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yah, if i send it back to Koni it would take several weeks like 3 or more. and Leschwab quit dealing with Koni a few months ago for them not delivering basically. so its best and faster if i do it my self. i was going to make them pay for it, cause its very possable that the strut being loose caused it to flex alot more than it should have. and the more people i talk to seem to confirm this. so ill talk to them. cause if thoes bolts would have fallen out while i was on the freeway it could have been bad.
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

so now koni's rn't reliable either? ahhhhhh this makes life so hard... supposedly tokico's breakdown quickly, the kyb's, and now koni's too!!! what's a guy to do? i'm tryin' to make up my mind on struts/springs!!!
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

well the insert actually went out due to morons who cant do their job. the strut to hub bolts being loose caused too much pressure on the maine shaft causing it to where out prematurely. so for a rebuild it cost 155. USD pluss shipping, and at least two weeks at a shop in Cali. or 6 weeks for Koni of north america to do it for the same price. so their supposed to get back to me tomarrow to tell me if they can get just a single insert. and now iv got to go the wrecker to find another strut to cut apart for the insert, cause the bolts being loose also caused it to flair the top of the strut. i think i should tack weld them in place.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”