400hp audi

Off-Topic Discussions
DavidOS

400hp audi

Post by DavidOS »

some kid i came across today has a 400hp audi s4 with 40k in mods done to it by its previous owner. The kids dad bought it for him for $49,990.
His bro drives a WRX.

He doesnt do mods on his own, doesnt know how to do mods, just bought someone elses work. :roll:

some part of me is envious and wants to add him to rice category just for not knowing what he has done but pretending to be hardcore. And the other half of me says if my dad was rich i might be driving a nicer car as well... or maybe not.

regardless i think 19yr old kids who drive 50k cars are lame, for the simple fact they dont appreciate what they have.
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
relisys_3200

Post by relisys_3200 »

was it black by any chance, with shadowed audi sign across the side??
Brandon
1992 MX-3 GS-ZE
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

silver with crazy intercooler piping in the front
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
Flashpoint2

Post by Flashpoint2 »

Yep. I know people like that.. one guy's got a 450-500 HP mustang that his father bought for him, I think he spent somewhere around 25k in mods. That's great and all, but anyone with money can do that..
1996 MX-3 RS - Sold.
2004 RX-8 GS - Yay!
Tunes67
Supporting Member

Post by Tunes67 »

There will always be others that can just buy what we work to do.. only thing you can really do about it is shake your head.. mutter under your breath and egg their car when their not looking ;) J/k LOL

Tunes67
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Tunes67 wrote:There will always be others that can just buy what we work to do.. only thing you can really do about it is shake your head.. mutter under your breath and egg their car when their not looking ;) J/k LOL

Tunes67
LOL, i'm glad someone else here has a vindictive side...
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
ScooterBovine
Supporting Member

Post by ScooterBovine »

I come from a pretty wealthy community, so you see kids with really nice cars. This one guy had a Porsche 911, and was being stupid in the parking lot and wrapped it around a pole. The next day, he was cruising around in a Corvette... Darn rich parents.

My dad, too, is quite wealthy. But my first car was a CRX. Awesome as a first time car. He never gave it to me, I had to buy it. Taught me to respect my car more, especially since I had to pay for the repairs, too.
No more MX-3.
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I think you respect your car more when you pay for it and do all the work yourself. My parents never paid a dime for any of my stuff since I was 16. I have had 15 cars since and Purchased and worked on them all myself. Maybe this is why I've never owned too many sweet rides, but I loved everyone of them cause they were mine! Rich kids got no respect! 8)
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Exactly, there's more pride and enjoyment in something that is truely yours, especially when you put your own blood, sweat and tears into it.
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Nd4SpdSe wrote:Exactly, there's more pride and enjoyment in something that is truely yours, especially when you put your own blood, sweat and tears into it.
For sure. My parents do alright, but they couldn't afford to help me buy a car. I worked construction for a summer while I was 15 and saved up enough to buy my RS - CA$H. Bought my GS myself also. Paying for it myself really has made me appreciate my stuff alot more than some of the kids I know with loaded parents.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I hear what you are all saying, but you can't tell me that if you knew you could make more money by spending more time at work instead of working on your car you would work on your car?... I love my car and all and do all my own work, but in spare time only, I want to be wealthy and work darn hard at it. The only way to ever afford a $50K car is to have money. So make sure you evaluate your time properly and keep your priorities straight. Eventually when I make more money per hour than I have to pay to have custom work done then I'll happily pay someone else and keep working to make more money.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP

Return to “Off-Topic”