Will it be too low ??

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
RizzeRocket

Will it be too low ??

Post by RizzeRocket »

Guys i got a question because im uncertain

I got a 92 v6 and its been lowered by 2" 1/4 and im not sure if the body kit im ordering (pak combat style )will be too low in order to have a safe ride without ripping it all off . I looked on websites but i couldnt find dimensions for the kit . thx
DavidOS

Post by DavidOS »

yah thats really low... are you going for performance?? or more along the lines of bling bling
1994, GS, KLZE, 67mm TB, LightFlywheel, Centreforce Stg 3 Clutch, CAI, KL36 ecu, B&M shortshifter, Solid poly mounts, lightweight Aluminum Cross memeber, 2.5 high flo cat, 2.5 all back, Tanabe Exhaust, optima battery, ZX2 HD tokicos, eibach prokit, black altezzas.....

http://www.modifiedmazda.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;.
RizzeRocket

Post by RizzeRocket »

more into preformance but i really like that kit so i thought ill buy it but i wont order it untill i figure out that it wont hit the road . dont really feel like puttin new springs on the car either so if anyone has that kit plz tell me how much ur car is lowered by and if u got enough clearence
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

If your going for maximum handling you're probably too low already. What springs/struts do you have?
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

with that kit your going to be awfully close to the ground, be careful on steep drive ways for sure. if im not mistaken the combat is about 2 inches lower than the stocker, so you may have some driveability issues.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
RizzeRocket

Post by RizzeRocket »

it has intrax on it.

well if the combat is only 2 inches lower the the stock then it shoulndt be a problem . i go do some measuring tomorrow, 2 inch from the ground should be enough i'd say (maybe not on these roads that we have in ottawa) and why would it be too low for handling car sits solid on the ground , i thought the lower u sit the better it is in some cases
mazdubber

Post by mazdubber »

Well, don't take this the wrong way, but Intrax are not really meant to improve handling. They are a for lowering mostly for the looks. that's why they lower 2 1/4". Look at the 'performance' based springs like Eibach or H&R. They have around a 1.3" drop, while substantially improving the handling. The only way you could do more than 2 inches and still have a performance minded package is with a set of good coilovers. I'd even raise those up a bit if I was trying to get the best handling characteristics.
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

The previous owner was probably shooting for bling bling rather than performance. For the most part, lower does not equal better performance. 2.25" drop does not leave much room for suspension travel. Performance vs bling - gotta find a trade off here (read balance). Found that my 1.5" drop is more than adequate, and later found out that that seems to be the norm for our type and design of car.
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
RizzeRocket

Post by RizzeRocket »

sounds like new springs to me oh well i got an other question then. What kinda sprigs should i get ? should i get shocks as well too ?
jschrauwen
Forum Moderator

Post by jschrauwen »

In my upgrade I was looking for better handling without having to give up too much on the comfort side and add just a little bling bling (lowering) to finish things off. KYB struts and B&G springs - lowered 1.5", any lower and things would probably start rubbing not to mention I didnt want to ride a brick. An excellent compromise on all fronts and about the best bang for the buck.

:driver:
'92 GS-ZE - sold, '95 GS - sold, '02 Protege LX - Daughter, '00 Audi A4 2.8 QTip, Ducati TT2
90 JDM RHD 300ZX TT - 572.1 RWHP | 590.0 RWTQ | 21 PSI | Pump gas
MX-3.com
Site Administrator
antispam: No

Post by MX-3.com »

If you want performance, get rid of the body kit.

It's only going to introduce more drag to your car with all the misdesigned curves and lips and crap.
ImageJeff Aycan - Site & Forum Owner/Administrator
2003 Audi A4 3.0 Quattro Sedan (Brilliant Black)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.8T (Light Silver Metallic)
2000 Kawasaki Ninja ZX-6R (Lime Green/Ebony)
SOLD - 1995 MX-3 Precidia RS (Blaze Red)
SOLD - 2000 Honda Civic Si (Vogue Silver Metallic)
SOLD - 2005 Honda CR-V LX AWD (Redondo Red Pearl)

Please Help Support MX-3.com - (Contact me for MX-3.com Decal Purchases)
RizzeRocket

Post by RizzeRocket »

gotta get the right kit that will actaully have better airodynemics,
about the car being so low i agree with u guys i must get other suspension set up this is just too low im already scrathing the bottom of the car with speedbumbs even if im going dead slow over it
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

no body kit will give you better aerodynamics.

all body kits for the mx3 destroy its co of drag.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
matt_fulghum

Post by matt_fulghum »

seriously... look at the MX-3, and then ANY MX-3 with a "combat" style body kit or some crap like that...... and if you can tell me straight faced that the body kitted car has better aerodynamics....... I dunno, I'd probably kill you :P
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

i dont want to lower mine because over here we got speed bumps the size of hills...imagine it breaking LOL yeah as far as aerodynamics..the only good thing is more air into your intake..if u got a cai..thats about it. And i think the stock bumper is lighter.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”