klze filler neck

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
wheelmanmx3

klze filler neck

Post by wheelmanmx3 »

I need to know, if the third wire for the sensor on the k8 coolant neck is not hooked to the klze will anything bad happen to the engine. I have already replaced the timing belt and removing the cover is a *****. Can any of you guys enlighten me about why there is 3 sensors on the k8 and 2 on the KL
jordan69

Post by jordan69 »

the third sensor is the fan thermosensor, the only thing it does is shut your fan on and off when the temperature fluctuates, otherwise if it is not hooked up, when your engine gets up to temperature, the fan just stays on all the time, and if you have the sensor hooked up, if you look under the V6 FAQ you find that you can set your TPS switch with the fan sensor hooked up, check it out and post if you need any more details.
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a White guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

you could also just swap the whole filler neck setup off your K8 onto the KL-ZE
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
IanL
Supporting Member

Re: klze filler neck

Post by IanL »

wheelmanmx3 wrote:.... Can any of you guys enlighten me about why there is 3 sensors on the k8 and 2 on the KL
Actually, there are 3 sensors on all early K series for export, and two on later; I've checked Millenia, MX-6 and MX-3. The change date was mid '93 to mid '94, depending on model.

Can't say if /when JDM production changed.
Re-shaped and re-sized gearshift lever. Best driveability mod you can do!
Extra thick soundproofing in the boot (trunk) to quieten my stainless steel exhaust system :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”