Kit sides

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
csdude

Kit sides

Post by csdude »

Here I go again...

I'm still working on installing the Drift kit to my '92. Today, I got around to doing the sides, but Geez! I think I wore my Dremmel out, and only got one installed. I'm an inch away from just forgetting about the sides, and being happy with the front and rear!

After all the cutting and fitting, I think I've gotten a decent fit. Not great, just decent. The piece itself was warped a little, so I had to drill a screw into the door jamb to make it stay, but I can live with that. I'm sure that, after awhile, it'll warp back the way it's supposed to be.

But here's the question. By the hinge of the door, the kit is sticking out by about 1/4". It's not really all that noticeable (yet), but I'm a perfectionist and it's bugging me. Is this area something that's usually Bondo'd into place?

Also, I notice the door is awfully hard to shut now that it has an extra 1/8" of fiberglass in the way. Am I right in assuming that, eventually, the car will settle and accept it, or is it always going to be this tight? Or, again, am I supposed to cut that out and fiberglass it in?

Last question. The sides come with a huge hole (like a vent hole), and I'm not sure what to do with it. It's got a pretty obvious gap between the hole and the fender, so if I paint it all the same color, you'll see the gap pretty easily. Does everybody (anybody) paint the inside of this hole a different color, or what?

Return to “Appearance”