threw away bump stops

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
johnboi85

threw away bump stops

Post by johnboi85 »

ok heres the dillema guys. i was going to install the rs type coilovers on my brothers car. i told him to get some struts first but he insisted. i was at work and i told him we weren't installing it until he gets new struts and guess what? he goes and installs them himself. not knowing much about cars he threw away the bump stops! rs type on stock strut w/ no bump stops. do i see a problem? what do you suggest guys?
bp mx-3
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

you can either tell him that hes a dumb @$$ and slap him in the back of the head. or be a good brother and make him buy some new ones, and meke him redo the whole thing properly, to force him to learn.
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

oh believe me, i did more than slap him behind his head, i took away his keys to the mx-3. I bought him the car and i can take it away. will zx2 struts elminate the need for bumpstops or do i have to go to the mazda dealer and get new ones? i heard zx2's hardly bottom out. the coilovers are turned 2" drop. rite now it's only getting about 1" to 1.5" in travel. thanks guys. at leat my other brother with the dropzones have chosen to wait for his new struts. i think i'll buy them both some zx2 struts. my suspension is zx2 w/ ground controls and its a tolerable ride. so is it a thumbs up for zx2 with their coilovers?

i guess thats what you get when have brothers that are dumbasses. seems to me that they don't appreciate their last year christmas present. maybe i should sell the mx3 that i bought them? lol nah thats too cruel.
bp mx-3
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

"sorry double post"
bp mx-3
christexan

Post by christexan »

NAPA dealers can get a kit that includes bellows and bumpstops, I just got them for my strut replacement, $15 per set (US). Mazda would probably want a fortune for the same thing. Hope that helps
Josh
Supporting Member

Post by Josh »

yah i got mine at NAPA too. real nice, they use zip ties to strap the rubber on but the bumb stops will never where out. their a soft plastic compound, almost like a polyurathaine. but i got mine for more like 11 bucks each. i think he gave me the whole sale price cause i do alot of business with him.

i dont know about thoes dropzones though. iv heard alot of crappy things about them. id rather save my money a little more and have some nicer springs. but i think they should do ok. i just swaped to the Koni's and new struts makes a world of differenance.
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

my new zx2 struts came with bumpstops...yellow ones.

you can buy bumpstops at any auto parts store. they sell universal ones at my autozone made by energy suspension that are pretty beefy, but somewhat pricey at about 22 dollars per pair.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”