Rear wiper?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
PlatinumTLC

Rear wiper?

Post by PlatinumTLC »

How much would it cost to install a rear wiper? Mine didn't come with it, and everytime it rains I can't see anything through my back window. I'm pretty sure it originally came with a wiper because everytime I can hear the motor in the back when I twist the knob.
Grants
BANNED Member

Re: Rear wiper?

Post by Grants »

Shouldn't be too expensive if you can pick up the parts at a junkyard. The important thing is it sounds like you've got a wiper motor that works. That would be the most expensive part.

If you pull them off at the junkyard yourself you'll also know how to install them onto yours. Good luck with it!
“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

You actually use your rear wiper that much " or want to use" I rarely use mine because the MX-3 is so streamlined that when you get above 60KM/H rain never touches the rearwindow/hatch Unless it really pours down ;)

You should be able to find the parts youre missing cheap at a junker though..
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah but when we go 25 mph school zones it realy sucks not to be abkle to see, also when I leave my house I have to use my side mirrors since the rear window is soaked with rain when it rains, Mine didnt come with one :( i want one. It does have that rear water resevir..what is that for?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
Nallboy
Supporting Member

Post by Nallboy »

Platinum: If you have the switch for the rear wiper, it should have come with one. Can you see the motor in the hatch? If you've got the motor, it won't be too hard to get the wiper in.

hec: I asked a dealership about getting one in my RS; he said it'd cost about as much as the car's worth. You might try a DIY IF you can get everything (motor, wiper, wires, switch, I think you'll need the whole hatch), but it'll still be really pricey. As for the rear fluid reservoir... that's weird; :confused2: it shouldn't be there.
'93 GS sporting 31 ZE, 36 ECU, Millenia IM & TB, Beefed up tranny, Fidanza FW, CM Stage II-R, Al UDP, HS Headers, MF Hi-Flow CAT, 2.5" Piping, CAI, MGC Wires, MS Mounts, B&M SS, Bronzoils, SS B & C Lines, Brembos...more.
Oh yeah, I have a stock ATX 92 RS too.
"Everyone wants to live life in the fast lane; I have more fun weaving through traffic."
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

SO hold on, your car has a motor in the back? If thats the case just get a wiper arm and screw it down to the motor.

If not, you'll need to source a GS hatchlid, the harness and the GS wiper stalk asembly so you can operate it.

I use my rear wiper all the time...stupid leaves all over the car every morning.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

speaking of rear wiper, I was pissed off yesterday when I found out mine got broken somehow, when i turned it on it just went down as usual and then returned all the way to left and was sticking out as i was driving. Damn that **** pissed me off, anyone had similar problem or knows how to fix it? thanks
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
PlatinumTLC

Post by PlatinumTLC »

So ok wait, how do I know I have the motor?

I do know that i have the rear wiper fluid resevoir, and I do hear SOMETHING when I turn the wiper knob back and forth. Can I get like detailed instructions on how to see if I have the motor there? And would a regular wiper like at Autozone or something be able to fit into the back? Or is it specific for the Mx3?
Grants
BANNED Member

Post by Grants »

“You’ll find, that the only thing you can do easily is be wrong, and that’s hardly worth the effort.”

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”