Carbon Fiber Alteezas LEAKING WTH new?

This forum is for discussion of topics relating to MX-3 lighting such as Headlights, Tail lights, Accessory Lights, Interior Lights, Etc. For example, Rear Euro Altezza Style Tail lights, Headlight units, LED's, HID's, Bulbs, Interior lights, Neons, Strobes, Auxillary Lights/Fogs or anything filament and gas discharge related.
Also anything dealing with the elctrical system.
hgallegos915

Carbon Fiber Alteezas LEAKING WTH new?

Post by hgallegos915 »

ugh today i notized moizture inside my carbon fiber alteezaaz...wtf they are like 2 mo ths old. Its a little bit of condensation..but well what gives? do I have to cook them o something or what? whats the procedure here?
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Re: Carbon Fiber Alteezas LEAKING WTH new?

Post by atlantamx3 »

nope.

No need to do anything except put some RTV sealant on the clip parts where the clear outside shell meets the other part.

That should be the only part thats not sealed.
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

Great idea perry, I'll make sure I add that in my "how too" video for the mx-3 video
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

hey what do you know! I did that and it workedgreat. I waiting for the sun to be full blast outside (el paso tx..hot) and I went ahead and added a clear layer of sylicone on it, cant even see it from far away and near. I sealed them all around to be sure. WALLA...no more moisture inside. :) ok and i have been told these are not carbon fiber..that true..? 0.o sorry to get out of topic anywho on the seal..worked great and clear.
-hec

MX-3 w/ curved neck millenia klde, boosted @ 5 psi. /bov and wastegate are good!/ nitto drag radial/ gutted interior/ millenia red top injectors, vortech fmu/aem wideband/ all bolts ons/ Car put together 100% by me. Mechanic? who needs a mechanic? ew.. real men work on their own cars!
PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

Not real carbon fiber, they are a sticker, look at a real carbon fiber hood (they are the most common REAL carbon fiber part out there so you should be able to find one to personally look at to tell the diference) You'll be disappointed in the look of the sticker when you see real carbon fiber.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

I doubt that there is a aftermarket taillight available that you don't have to seal. The product "Seal All" works great and you can't even tell its there after it dries.
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
hgallegos915

Post by hgallegos915 »

yeah i kinda figuredd it was not real carbon fiber, because a friend of mine showed me his carbon fiber hood ..totally different...altough about the sticker part..not exactly true..the silver lines are embedded into the plastic itself. I kinda cut a bit of plastic in the rear..still they look awesome, I get compliments everywhere. :) and yeah for whoever gets aftermarket tail lights..always seal the edges with clear cylicone even if it doesnt leak..eventually it does.
-hec

Return to “Electrical & Lighting”