What would you like to see from this site?

This forum is for your (the user and visitors of MX-3.com) opinion, recommendations and issues about MX-3.com.
Marlon

Re: What would you like to see from this site?

Post by Marlon »

custom avatars even if they have to be hosted off a 3rd party
1993 MX-3 GS V6 - Stock
2004 MazdaSpeed MX-5
2004 RX-8 - Project
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

no, especially to have support for hosting from a 3rd party :D
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Hey, cool! I'd like to see a few more smiley's. I have a bunch of url's and have some in mind. Maybe even a few stickies under the appropriate forums. I think this would keep the repitive questions to a minimum. Of course you never know, but it does seem to work for a few other sites that I frequent. My last suggestion would maybe be a poll posting option. That's about it, this site is great, maybe just these little things would make it that much better. Thanks for hosting it though Jeff. :) <p>*EDIT* Maybe a little more enforcement in the moderating dept. Sometimes people just get away with too much. Its hard to go on this site at work or even at home sometimes when its ridden with swear words and flaming. I think if the rules were held a little more tightly for at least a little while that might calm people down a bit. I'm not ragging on the moderating here, you guys are all doing a great job, but maybe not being so lax all the time would put a slow end to some of the bad stuff that's on here.<p>[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</p>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

well i have to disagree with 992, if the mod's were to be more stick the only thing they would start doing is bannin people. they already keep the post fairly clean. the main problem i see is that certain people with a fair amount of knowledge come acorss as rude and like to tear other peoples things apart. we have had a few people like this and in time they jst go away....the one other thing is treet racing. the majority have done it i it would be nice if we could talk about it. jeff syas he doesnt like it which is cool, but since he owns the server he word is the final word...but i bought my mx-3.com sticker, so i wanna say it in :D
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by The_Great_Tonge:
well i have to disagree with 992, if the mod's were to be more stick the only thing they would start doing is bannin people. they already keep the post fairly clean. the main problem i see is that certain people with a fair amount of knowledge come acorss as rude and like to tear other peoples things apart. we have had a few people like this and in time they jst go away....the one other thing is treet racing. the majority have done it i it would be nice if we could talk about it. jeff syas he doesnt like it which is cool, but since he owns the server he word is the final word...but i bought my mx-3.com sticker, so i wanna say it in :D <hr></blockquote><p>LOL, I completely disagree with you. You think the place isn't relaxed enough, and now you want to talk about illegal activities, lol. I don't feel that happening and I DON'T go to street races and feel that if we allowed it, we would only be dooming ourselves to having hoards of boy racers and just plain stoopid people infesting the boards (NOT referring to you great tonge). :shrug: I think the moderators are doing a fine job, I do however feel that they could at least for a temporary time be a little more enforcing of the rules. I think this would be an effective method of calming down people, and I've seen it work on other sites. I see a lot of "I can say whatever I want to and not care about other people's feelings" attitudes on this site, and that's unfortunate.<p>Jeff, a new suggestion. I would love to see a New members post here section. This would keep the noob questions down to a minimum in the regular threads. If you stuck some stickies at the top of the section, people will read that, and it would be a great place to stick a lot of the rules as far as searching and faq information goes.<p>[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]<p>[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: 992mmx3 ]</p>
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

Lol, so basically we're holding ourselves back. EVERYONE DONATE NOW!!!! LOL.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

So 300usd if for updating the board? How much more do you need?<p>Also how about something telling us who is logged on the site.<p>[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: lucky13 ]</p>
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by lucky13:
Also how about something telling us who is logged on the site.<p>[ September 11, 2003: Message edited by: lucky13 ]<hr></blockquote><p>
Ooooh, good call lucky, I forgot to mention that one.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

I thought it will be cool to see that. This way you know who to talk to.
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

shall we start a donation thread,, :D
I am willing to donate 7 US$ to start up, since i would love to see some serious changes to the UBB, cuz I think its a bit old compared to other sites.
lucky13

Post by lucky13 »

I would donate some money too, but if hardly any one cliks on the "MX-3.com Make a Donation" link then what make you think they will donate to a thread.
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I think that's what he means, start a thread telling people to click on the make a donation link. ;)
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by MX-3.com:
Custom Avatars is an issue in this version of the UBB, because, it is not automated. In newer versions of the UBB it is an automated option.<p>Smileys can be added easily enough. Send me the files via e-mail, and I will add them to the selections in the UBB.<p>Stickies are not available in this version of the UBB either.<p>Looks like we need to update the UBB Version. However, I do not have $300 USD to pay for it. That's what th egoal of the donations is for, but the problem is the donations aren't enough to cover the cost just yet.<hr></blockquote><p>
Jeff, I just emailed you the URL's for the smilies.
:)
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

Return to “MX-3.com Site and Forum Recommendations and Issues”