Please help me with my problem

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
BlazerCrew

Please help me with my problem

Post by BlazerCrew »

Tonight as i was driving home i stopped at a stop sign and realized i was accelerating really slow. It wouldnt kick into gears with i put down the gas or nothin. I got it in my garage but now... when i put the car into reverse it just acts as if i put it in neutral. Same as when I put it in drive. I can rev it but I'm not goin anywhere. Can anyone help me? :crying:
Mx-3's rule
guyaverage

Re: Please help me with my problem

Post by guyaverage »

We can help you call a tow truck.... :(

Other than checking the fluid level, there isnt much you can do, given the symptoms. Start the engine, put the shifter in reverse, neutral, drive, then back up to reverse, then park. Leave the engine on and check the level.

If your fluid is dark, or smells burnt, your tranny is pretty much shot.

If it doesnt show any fluid, put some in until it registers on the dipstick. This MAY (probably not) get you rolling again, but there is likely already serious damage.

If you like 5-speeds, now is the time to swap. If not, I'm sure someone somewhere has an automatic they want to sell. Most people on this forum tend to hate them and cant wait to get rid of them.
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen

Return to “Transmissions”