L10 Tranny In

A forum for discussions regarding the MX-3' transmission. Swap, technical, and troubleshooting info should be placed here.
Eric Moore

L10 Tranny In

Post by Eric Moore »

Well, I was going to just go ahead and do a 5 speed swap. But for some odd reason I decided to do something different and just bout an ATX from level 10. So now I've got a bulletproof tranny...and a nice new engine on the way. Wonder what kinda numbers I'll be able to get outta an atx
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!
Finally Found A 5 Speed MX-3 in decent shape! B6T On The way now!

"Is it a mini-Skyline or an uderstated Supra hunter..."
RB25DET getting dropped into the 240SX as you read! Pics and Dyno graph coming soon!!
guyaverage

Re: L10 Tranny In

Post by guyaverage »

How much did the tranny end up costing? Does Level 10 have any requirements for an external cooler? And which engine are you putting in?

I have always wanted to do a BPT with a Level 10, but I bought a 240sx instead :2thumbsup: and am going to sell the Mx. The thought of pumping serious HP/torque thru a Mazda automatic, even one built by Level 10, makes me cringe. :dunno:
"The answer is: More power. I dont care what the question is."
-Tim Allen
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

i got the level10 transmission kit, the clutches, and the hydraulic upgrades. lasted for a while but after a year or so, its starting to lose its umph it used to have. idno maybe im just used to the different style now.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
Eric Moore

Post by Eric Moore »

It was something like 3500 bucks or so..mighta been a bit less. Cant remember off the top of my head. For the external cooler, well I've already bypassed the OEM tranny cooler and put an aftermarket one on. So Im going to just keep that anyways. Still has a lot of work to go on it though.
Project Holy Crap!!!
L10 ATX Trannny In!

Project Turbo!!!
Finally Found A 5 Speed MX-3 in decent shape! B6T On The way now!

"Is it a mini-Skyline or an uderstated Supra hunter..."
RB25DET getting dropped into the 240SX as you read! Pics and Dyno graph coming soon!!

Return to “Transmissions”