Time to brag

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MarkMoore

Time to brag

Post by MarkMoore »

i would just like to take this opportunity to gloat about how i 'stole' my mx-3. Got a '92 GS automatic for only $1400, and after u factor in the $1000 i got from the insurance company for my old car getting totaled after almost getting killed by a raging maniac going straight demolition derby stlye on me in a snow storm goin like 55 mph around a turn, i got a very fine piece of machinery for only $400. Best part was the mileage: only 65,000. Well anyways, the real reason for this post is for some opinions. I just got a super nice sound system, and also bought power door locks off ebay. Other than that, it's basically stock (don't know how u could go 12 years w/ that car without a single upgrade). So after all the rambling, my question is, should i go for performance oriented modifications first, or cosmetics? I plan on doin a lot, but what are some good starting points and what will give me the most bang for the buck starting out? i'm already doin little things like painting interior plastic items, touch-ups, etc., but gimme suggestions - please no engine/tranny swaps
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
seneca

Re: Time to brag

Post by seneca »

This is the age old question...

Show....or Go....????

You'll never get the same answer from anybody! Everyone has a different view. I'm gonna guess this one will be up to you! ;)

Tyson

Nice "steal" btw :2thumbsup:
My Car Domain Page:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/496099

Take a Look, leave a comment, and don't forget to vote.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

well, anything you do to up the performance of that K8 your not really gonna feel because 1. its a bad platform to start with 2. is hooked to a auto tranny so i say just go for the show
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

If your not gonna do a swap> which being based in the states and it being hella cheap to do out there I would advise you to. Then I would go for show!

You can swap in a KLZE for an increase from 135 to 195 bhp. A 60 bhp power increase for a couple thousand dollars is alot for any car!

In the UK it is really expensive all round to do the swap> so i'm sticking with the K8 as I picked a new engine up with 0 miles on it from the dealership at a steal price 2. So i'm gonna chrome all the engine bay, get some blue coloured components and make it look real nice> it'll not win any races but i'm sure I'll take a show or 2 when I first do it!

Hope this helps
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

I bought my car for $500 last spring.....i win
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
nos92mx3
Supporting Member

Post by nos92mx3 »

Gro you got yours for 500$ too?
92' Rs-t b6t/De - RIP

93' Rs-t BPT - Sold

03' WRB wrx Wagon - Current
xXx_OTEP_xXx

Post by xXx_OTEP_xXx »

automatic? first mod.. transmission cooler!! They are known to overheat and DIE, so get a cooler for it to be safe. Good find.

-Dean
Sold my 95 RS "Little Peanut" but she will never be forgotten. :(
mx3TT
Supporting Member

Post by mx3TT »

Originally posted by xXx_OTEP_xXx:
automatic? first mod.. transmission cooler!! They are known to overheat and DIE, so get a cooler for it to be safe. Good find.

-Dean
Agreed. Dont beat on that poor tranny becuase it will come back to get you. The way I am of course I would say go for performance mods. But then since you dont want to do an engine swap, then you mind as well stick with show. Not saying you cant get decent power from the K8 but if you want to go big you have to swap.
Chris

MY MX-3 PICTURES
MX-3.com's online store - SUPPORT MX-3.COM
JWMX3

Post by JWMX3 »

Ive beat on my poor auto tranny for over a year and its still tickin :) .... but yah i agree, go for show... a nice interior and system, some re upholstered seats are always nice :2thumbsup:

nice steal for 400 bucks!
94' Mx3 GS 0-60 in 7.53s [5 spd conversion / Rebuilt 2.5 KL]
EvOmX3

Post by EvOmX3 »

i got mine for 100$ CDN which was a better steal haha, nothing really wrong with it, some body work, and it has 250k on it, it is a 95 5 speed.
jumboplay

Post by jumboplay »

$100?! For less than the price of an oxygen sensor, you got a whole MX-3? I have nothing to say. Ouch. Good work, lucky brat...
-Tom J, proud MX-3 pilot-
Get your entertainment upgraded at http://www.tommyv2.com

1996 MX-3 RS/GS hybrid, OBDII B6-ZE, painted Mazda crystal white, ZX-2+Eibach, Miglia Spyder 17"s, markerflash, black altezzas, insane fuel economy, too many other mods to list...
EvOmX3

Post by EvOmX3 »

oh indeed once i get pics i will put them up on car domain....
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by MarkMoore:
i'm already doin little things like painting interior plastic items,
Gross. :rant2:
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

ha, uhhh yea, that was ALMOST funny. is that joke still under construction? y don't u put on a hard hat, throw down a couple flares, wave some orange flags, and re-work that one out.
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
mdavis

Post by mdavis »

Originally posted by BADMX3:
You can swap in a KLZE for an increase from 135 to 195 bhp. A 60 bhp power increase for a couple thousand dollars is alot for any car!
A couple thousand dollars? Naw don't listen to him. You can get a good ZE to your door for less than $1,000 - check the FAQ and search the V6 forum and you will see it's easy to do.
GS-R SE
Fixin's

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”