Kill Switch?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
aes

Kill Switch?

Post by aes »

I have a 92 mazda mx-3 and when i let my friend drive it he did something with the anti theft audio unit and it ask for a code, i put in the code and then the radio would work again but not when i try to start the car, it won't even start, i know there's a kill switch somewhere but i can't find it, please help.
Starry

Re: Kill Switch?

Post by Starry »

Try this: http://www.mx-3.com/tech/audsys/
Go to the bottom of the page.
aes

Post by aes »

^ thanks and also it is the alarm system that won't let the car start right? because my power windows are slower to move now and i wanna be sure it's not my battery.
aes

Post by aes »

Can someone please help me in locating the kill switch nothing else seems to be working. PLEASE help me I can't find it.
Franko
Supporting Member

Post by Franko »

This is a strange problem to have. I have never heard of an alarm having a kill switch on it. There is the ones that have the gps system in the car in the event that it gets stolen but I doubt you have that. What exactily happens when you try and turn the car over? Do all the dash lights come on with the key? I.e : oil, battery, check engine.... If they dont light up then it could be a fuse. If they do light up what happens when you turn the key to start? Do those lights dim or anything like it is trying to start the car? If thats the case your starter could be fried. If your car is a standard I suggest trying to push the car to start it and if it starts then it is your starter or battery. Incase I forget to check back on this post PM me or something with a response.
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

If the car won't start, then check the ignition wires and see if some one has messed with them.
could be a starter kill circuit build into the stereo or something
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”