door...

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Nati-Mx-3

door...

Post by Nati-Mx-3 »

The driver side door on my 3 has begun to sag, which is causing it to rub the frame. I did a search on here, cause a while back I saw a forum that said how to fix it but now I cant find it. I need to get this fixe ASAP. Thanks for the help in advance
-Spanky
MX3-Freak

Re: door...

Post by MX3-Freak »

If my memory serves (which it very well may be faulty), then the problem should be sovled with a new set of bushings from mazda.
Stock 1995 RS - Creek Blue
Car Meanins:
Honda: Hang On, Not Done Accelerating
FORD: Frequently Overhauled, Rarely Driven
Mazda: Must Always Zoom Down Asphalt
Franko
Supporting Member

Re: door...

Post by Franko »

I need bushings for my door too I went to mazda and they said that I need to buy the whole hindge.. they are like 40 something each. You can see how much it is sagging by closing the door almost all the way I would say about a foot or a half closed and lift up on the door, if it moves quite a bit then you need new hinges my friend. You could also try ajusting the hinges. You may be able to move them just enough to put the door back on track and save your money for your girlfriend. ;)
93 MX3, BP, Haltech E6X, Bully Six Puck Clutch, Pauter Rods, Wiseco Pistons, Port and Polish, Turbonetics T3/T4 Ball Bearing turbo and a partridge in a pear tree.

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”