ground control, rs type, dropzone coilovers

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
johnboi85

ground control, rs type, dropzone coilovers

Post by johnboi85 »

i had a little money lying around after the bp swap so i decided to change my suspension setup to coilovers. i bought a set of rs type, dropzone (both from ebay) and a set of ground control coilovers. it should arrive within three weeks because it's being shipped to hawaii. I'm going to install the dropzone first then the rs type and last the ground controls. Everyone has so many oppinions about the ground control and dropzones but no one knows about the rs type so i'll test them all. when i choose one of them, i'll sell the rest. my test is going to be done on zx2 struts and a 2.25" drop on stock size rims and tires. so check back within a couple weeks.
bp mx-3
bubbaflaat

Re: ground control, rs type, dropzone coilovers

Post by bubbaflaat »

I bought the RS-type and they suck *** . Only reason I got them is cause i'm a cheap prick. And now I pay by having four blown struts... :rant2:
THIS USER HAS BEEN BANNED, DO NOT DEAL WITH HIM. - MX-3.com Admin
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

what struts were you using? are they worse than dropzones?
bp mx-3
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

right now i'm wishin i had my dropzones again :D
92 Autozam AZ3
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

i'm using stock struts, granted I knew it was coming. But even before they blew out they sucked balls.. I would NOT recommend them.
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Of course they sucked with stock struts. Any aftermarket spring would. The strut isn't valved to dampen a spring with twice the spring rate.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

twice the springrate?
dropzone are more like 10 times the stock springrate...

I dont understand why people would throw away their money on Dropzones and POS suspension parts...

nope-mx3
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

The moral to the story is and always will be: You get what you pay for! :2thumbsup:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

LOL cause we are cheap peices of ****! LOL i just got done painting my car. And I wanted the Full effect of it being totally different. SO i went the cheap route... Bad move.
johnboi85

Post by johnboi85 »

Originally posted by nope-mx3:
twice the springrate?

I dont understand why people would throw away their money on Dropzones and POS suspension parts...

nope-mx3
it's my experiment and my money..thats why! so what if i lose some money? it's not like i'm going to keep them all. what i don't want, i'll sell. so if all you're going to do is bash people just because they can't afford quality things then you got no business here! what has mx-3.com become? too much negativity.

-john
bp mx-3
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

u gotta experiment.. and at $80 for a set of dropzones, why not try them? i paid $180 for them over a year ago.. and i expected to get what i paid for. :freak: meh, that much stiffness is for those who need it for racing and not who want to "lower their cars"
92 Autozam AZ3
93SOHC

Post by 93SOHC »

I'm not bashing anyone for using cheap stuff...I can't even afford to buy a battery for my car. I am quite certain that many of my parts will be cheapo, im just sayin don't be surprized if something is poor quality if you pay a cheap price. Other than my exhaust all the mods im putting on over the holiday are from ebay! So that would make me cheap too, who cares! Besides if we were all rich as hell we wouldn't be driving 10 year old Mazda's. :2thumbsup:
93SE-KLDE Theres a big peice of metal inside my other peice of metal now...weird???
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

Originally posted by johnboi85:
Originally posted by nope-mx3:
twice the springrate?

nope-mx3
it's my experiment and my money..thats why! so what if i lose some money? it's not like i'm going to keep them all. what i don't want, i'll sell. so if all you're going to do is bash people just because they can't afford quality things then you got no business here! what has mx-3.com become? too much negativity.

-john
I don't think Nope MX-3 was bashing you. And how can you say "what has MX-3.com become" since you've seen so much change in the forums in your 70 some posts. Come on. He was obviously bashing me. Which I deserve cause i'm retarded and baught crap.
nope-mx3

Post by nope-mx3 »

I`m not bashing anyone, but there has been so many before you who have tried Dropzones, and the general opinion, is that they: suck.

So, you could save quite a few bucks by just buying the GC`s :)

And, on a sidenote, if you test those three, and come to the same conclusion as the rest of us, GC are good, the rest crap, why on earth would someone buy them from you? :)

But as you say, it`s your money, I`d definetely buy the ground control`s, and use the remaining $200 on something else. Like Mazdaspeed upper strut mounts or something.

(you also say why bash on people who cant afford good quality parts... seems to me like you can afford quality parts, when you buy 3 coilover kits.. :p )

nope-mx3

<small>[ December 20, 2004, 01:59 PM: Message edited by: nope-mx3 ]</small>
:: 2001 Mazda Mx-5 Sport // 2013 Volvo V40 D2 Momentum ::
bubbaflaat

Post by bubbaflaat »

He does have a point.

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”