calipers

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.

calipers

Post by Guest »

wheres a place where they sell calipers for our cars? and how much are they? and can we get them in more than a single piston caliper?
ProtegeSTS

Re: calipers

Post by ProtegeSTS »

are you looking to upgrade JUST the calipers? Any particular reason? Baer, Stoptech, any of the big brake compaines make calipers, but I highly doubt any will fit onto the stock rotors...if there was even a point.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Post by Guest »

i dont want to upgrade really, i just think i need a new one cuz when i drive my drivers side front brakes CONSTANTLY squeal and it a really loud noise and i just started happening a couple days ago, i have a feeling that the caliper is toast and the brake isnt touching the rotor the proper way, also the rotor is screwed and needs to be resurfaced, and im thinking the rotor is screwed cuz the caliper is screwed.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

actually squealing would be normal if it was recently raining in your area or you drove over a puddle. sometimes when your rotor is hot and it gets wet and you brake, it'll squeal for a bit, then it'll dissapear. does your braking still feel normal? if it does, give it a day and if the squealing goes away it was probably because it got wet. <p>if your braking feels a little weaker/different, you can check your brake fluid level or have your brakes inspected *sometimes places do that for free* and see whats up. im guessing its just low brake fluids or wet rotors.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
johnnyb
Supporting Member

Post by johnnyb »

usually squealing indicates its time to change your pads. If you were to look at the pad you would see a little tab that when the brakes get low will rub on the rotor/drum and produce a squealing sound that gets very irritating.<p>I suggest you go and get your brakes done.
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

if your pads are still good, there is this liquid that you can put on the back of your brake pad to prevent squealing.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”