lowering question?

This forum is for Discussion on Suspension issues.
SmokyMcGee

lowering question?

Post by SmokyMcGee »

Someone mentioned a way to lower a car.not by much by buying something thats like 30 dollars at an auto parts store. if someone knows what these things are please tell me. I havent the slightest idea what they are called so i sound like an idiot trying to explain it.<P><BR>-eD
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
SmokyMcGee

Re: lowering question?

Post by SmokyMcGee »

spring clamps!!!. where can i get these? anyone know much bout doin this to my springs? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
david103

Post by david103 »

maybe i'm confused, but spending 30 bones to lower your car doesn't sound like a good idea. i think those spring clamps keep your springs compressed making your car lower. not a good idea. if its a spring compressor, you still need to at least buy new springs that are meant to lower it. buy lowering springs please, or just put a couple hundred pound sand bags in there with you... hehe<P>dave
heatherc

Post by heatherc »

-----------------------------------<BR>_/*\_ ¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤·.<BR>\ M׳/¸.·¤**¤ müÇh LØVê †Ø M¥ m×鮊<BR>/.·*·.\¸.·¤**¤·.,¸,.·¤**¤<BR>-----------------------------------
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

I ordered a set for my GS today, Since I cant use my RS springs I have to get new ones.
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

this spring clamp are verry cheep..<BR>they sell it at canadian tire..i think its gonna make a really hard ride..!
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
justin h

Post by justin h »

They're about $8 a box (you need two). They're don't work and they make a lot of noise. I already tried it and it didn't drop it any, there aren't enough coils and they're not close enough for it to work well.
Gabriel Sandoval

Post by Gabriel Sandoval »

i suggest to ne one that wants to lower their car to just buy the lowering springs. cutting the springs or clamping them is just a cheap loophole around lowering springs and they feel like what u paid for -cheap-. i wouldnt want to be caught dead with a female or even friends inside my ride with cut or clamped springs.
Babie I gots player in me

Return to “Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tires”