Just got back from the dyno!!

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
jonathanj

Just got back from the dyno!!

Post by jonathanj »

well i finally went to the dyno. unfortunately we could not tune the car because i have a FMU. which i now realize sucks a$$. but at 7 PSI i pulled numbers i was happy with. My first run was 195.2 whp and 199.5 ft pounds. after i get the new RRFPR i estimate at least 20 more to the wheels. we hooked up a wideband and it was reading 10.5 all the way across which is super rich. i was wondering if any one else has any numbers on the 1.6 DOHC.
The_Great_Tonge

Re: Just got back from the dyno!!

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

wheres the dyno sheet?! :D :D
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jademx3turbo:
well i finally went to the dyno. unfortunately we could not tune the car because i have a FMU. which i now realize sucks a$$. but at 7 PSI i pulled numbers i was happy with. My first run was 195.2 whp and 199.5 ft pounds. after i get the new RRFPR i estimate at least 20 more to the wheels. we hooked up a wideband and it was reading 10.5 all the way across which is super rich. i was wondering if any one else has any numbers on the 1.6 DOHC.<hr></blockquote><p>Jeez... That IS good number, for a 1.6l at least and such low boost.. You got high compression under there?<p>The Bpt with 8.5 PSI is running 185 to the engine..<p>Show the sheet, and tell the mods? :)
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Awesome numbers man.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

lol i was just messing with him, i was there at the dyno and saw the numbers. one day ill be boosted too!
Timmyd865

Post by Timmyd865 »

I wanna hear your mod list! I've seen the pics of under your hood. Your set up is alot like what I plan to have. If mine is any where near 190 i'll be screaming! I'm hoping to get just 150 at the crank!!!! Wow, yeah let's hear those mods so I know what you have different then what I had planned! Thanx dude!
16" Sport Edition Fox 2's, Yokohama H4's, Eclipse CD player, Eclipse components, MTX amp, Lightning Audio woofers in a custom fiber glass enclosure, custom intake, factory spoiler installed, reverse indiglo gauges, custom switch panel<p> :) www.geocities.com/timsmx3
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

I've posted something like this once for him to answer, but it seems he likes his privacy, I want to know what size turbo he has personally, he's got a walboro rx-7 fuel pump and I saw a profec b greddy boost controller on his interior pics, thats the only thing i know of besides the mx-3 head and IM (better flow I hear). :shrug:
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

mods,
just installed the walbro pump (dont know if i spelled that right). underdrive crank pulley, act clutch, hks 3 inch exhaust, greddy profec b, apex safc, 330 cc injectors magnecore wires, hyper gound sytem, apex intercooler, i think thats every thing. the turbo is now an ihi rhb 5, and the motor has never been taken apart.
JWMotorsports

Post by JWMotorsports »

I believe the dyno numbers if your running an upgraded turbo or higher compression. What did you get the RHB5 turbo off of? I'm going to the dyno soon. My car is pushing around 200-220WHP on the IHI VJ-14, my VJ-13 snaped the turbine shaft in half in two differnt spots! If I had better traction the car would be running high 8sec passes in the 8th mile, but currently it is around 9.0-9.3ish. I hate winter time!!!! My car was running 12psi but has droped to about 10-12psi. I can hear an air leak but am having problems finding it. I'm thinking possibly the TurboXS racing bypass valve may be leaking. TXS in my personal expriance is JUNK!!! I'm broke right now, but am looking into the HKS SSQV for the answer. Any way those dyno numbers are easily atainable for the 1.6L B6T's!<p>Efficiency is a SLEEPER for power & performance! ;)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/354836
B6T, APEXi Silvia IC, HKS SSQV, Magnacore KV85 Wires, NGK V-Power, Haltech E6K, Accel 300+ Digital Ign w/ coil, Accel 375+ controller, JWMmotorsports turbo manifold & exhaust, custom Garret GT-R series turbo, MAZDASPEED mounts, SRD Bushings, Pacesetter Short Shift, entire Pro LX drive train w/ custom ACT clutch (I'm the first to succeed this on B6T), Weapon-R, and lots more stuff!
boostedmx

Post by boostedmx »

the b6 dohc is a better forced induction motor because of its shared bottom end with the b6t and the better flowing cylinder head. the only thing it lacks is the sodium filled valves that the b6t has. i can easily believe those numbers after some of the miata turbo kits ive seen.. :shrug:<p>[ February 16, 2003: Message edited by: boostedmx ]</p>
DRAG SPEC MX3 BEING PARTED OUT.
BUY ALL MY STUFF OR DIE.lol, SERIOUSLY BUY MY STUFF. PLEEEASE
jonathanj

Post by jonathanj »

ok the dyno sheet is posted on my car domain site heres the link.
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/view_page.pl?page_id=282371&page=4<p>i hope you like it
Aaron MacDougall

Post by Aaron MacDougall »

That is super impressive...were you on the bottle?
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jademx3turbo:
and the motor has never been taken apart.<hr></blockquote><p>Are your telling us that you never reinforced the interior of the engine? :eek: :eek: <p>And were your using that nos?
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Manach:
<p>Are your telling us that you never reinforced the interior of the engine? ;)
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

a guinea pig muahahahahahahaha. j/k, jades car is awesome. :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T