Important Nitrous Question

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
mx3chom

Important Nitrous Question

Post by mx3chom »

hey everyone,<P>i need some help, ive done some searching and cant seem to find out the truth. this saturday im ordering NOS, yes the NOS brand! i was wondering what internal engine parts i need to upgrade? i know the ignition system and fuel pump. but what else?<P>pistons, cam gears, crank? i have no idea!<P>oh yeah one more thing...im going to order pullys. do they make alot of difference. well maybe not alot, but a somewhat noticible abount?<P>thanks guys,<BR>dominic
RIP 95 rs
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Re: Important Nitrous Question

Post by cjthor »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3chom:<BR><STRONG>hey everyone,<P>i need some help, ive done some searching and cant seem to find out the truth. this saturday im ordering NOS, yes the NOS brand! i was wondering what internal engine parts i need to upgrade? i know the ignition system and fuel pump. but what else?<P>pistons, cam gears, crank? i have no idea!<P>oh yeah one more thing...im going to order pullys. do they make alot of difference. well maybe not alot, but a somewhat noticible abount?<P>thanks guys,<BR>dominic</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> How big of a shot you runnin? You should be ok with just changin the plugs and bumpin the timing a lil for a fifty shot..Anything else would require a different fuel pump and minor other upgrades to 100 shot.. From there it gets a lil more.. After fifty you will need a different clutch..
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

ok i want to run a 50,75, or 100 shot, its dry system. i have an act racing clutch with a 6 puck disc so i think im set there! ignition system is on the way. im not really concerned with how much internals cost, bc i get this "special deal" if u know what i mean. so is it good to replace my internals with aftermarket ones?<P>will this help in the life of my engine before i get money to to the swap?<P>thanks, <BR>dominic
RIP 95 rs
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

its always a good idea... but do you have a 4 cyl or a 1.8 v6??? you dont really need a different ignition.... you WONT be able to run over an 85 shot with stock injectors on a dry shot... trust me i have a LOT of experience with nitrous on kl motors (if thats what you have) on my Gs-R i could run an 85 shot and the injectors were around 85 psi.. with is a shitty spray pattern and also about the static limit... you will need a fpr and new injectors if you wanting to go with a 48 or 49 jet... i dont think you should really be getting nitrous... i mean.. you seem to have a LOT to learn.. you should REALLY go on probe talk, to the nitrous forum.. and SEARCH YOUR a-- OFF!!.. before you blow sumthin up... besides if you have a k8 for "forged internals" your gooing to be looking at LEAST 2600-3000$
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
mik

Post by mik »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 93mxrgs:<BR><STRONG>its always a good idea... but do you have a 4 cyl or a 1.8 v6??? you dont really need a different ignition.... you WONT be able to run over an 85 shot with stock injectors on a dry shot... trust me i have a LOT of experience with nitrous on kl motors (if thats what you have) on my Gs-R i could run an 85 shot and the injectors were around 85 psi.. with is a shitty spray pattern and also about the static limit... you will need a fpr and new injectors if you wanting to go with a 48 or 49 jet... i dont think you should really be getting nitrous... i mean.. you seem to have a LOT to learn.. you should REALLY go on probe talk, to the nitrous forum.. and SEARCH YOUR a-- OFF!!.. before you blow sumthin up... besides if you have a k8 for "forged internals" your gooing to be looking at LEAST 2600-3000$</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>So with a 1.8L V6 (i forget the real name) what do you recommend has to be upgraded for a 50HP dry shot? Just adjust the timing slighty and change the plugs? What plugs do you recommend?<P>(Just so you know, im asking to learn, not necessarly buy for a long while yet) <P>Thanks!
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

on a k8... for a 50 shot.. i would reccommend.. motorcraft plugs.. a heat range colder... dont screw with your timing... if you talking about your ignition timing dont bother.. the computer adjusts for it anyway.. 50 shot he should be ok with just a fuel pump and colder plugs gapped to .035.. .033 if he is really wanting to be safe... autolite 5503's are also good plugs (for my KL-03 or kl-de for you people who were going to correct me.. as they are a heat range colder)... IF you get nitrous... let me know.. i have many ways to tune your kit.. and sum little secrets to do to your plugs to pick up a couple extra ponies :)... not trying to scare anyone, as nitrous is a very safe product if used within its limits.. you just HAVE TO BE PREPARED, and careful
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
mik

Post by mik »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 93mxrgs:<BR><STRONG>on a k8... for a 50 shot.. i would reccommend.. motorcraft plugs.. a heat range colder... dont screw with your timing... if you talking about your ignition timing dont bother.. the computer adjusts for it anyway.. 50 shot he should be ok with just a fuel pump and colder plugs gapped to .035.. .033 if he is really wanting to be safe... autolite 5503's are also good plugs (for my KL-03 or kl-de for you people who were going to correct me.. as they are a heat range colder)... IF you get nitrous... let me know.. i have many ways to tune your kit.. and sum little secrets to do to your plugs to pick up a couple extra ponies :)... not trying to scare anyone, as nitrous is a very safe product if used within its limits.. you just HAVE TO BE PREPARED, and careful</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Thanks for your help. I'll keep that in mind.
mx3chom

Post by mx3chom »

ok i have a 1.6 4cyl. what all do i need to get. or could i get just to help. the parts are no problem no matter what the cost!<P>dominic
RIP 95 rs
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

like i said... colder plugs, and a fuel pump... do NOT go over a 75 on those internals.. even that will be pushing it i suspect... parts arent hte problem generally.. its getting sumone that knows what the fock they are doing to build it.. you just can jump in and build a mazda motor the same way you would build a honda/acura/ford/chevy motor.. it JUST doesnt work like that... i suggest that you stop being so eager... anbd do sumn hardcore searching... if i was you.. i would try to talk to cjthor.. he had sprayed on the 4cyl.. he is a VERY good guy, and very insightful, he knows the ins and outs of nitrous on a 4cyl... but im your man for n20 on the 6 cyl ;)

Return to “Forced Induction”