header for the BPT???

A Forum For All Forced Induction Systems Topics Such As Turbos, Superchargers and Nitrous Oxide.
natural born honda killer

header for the BPT???

Post by natural born honda killer »

well i was wondering if anyone that has done the BPT swap has used or gotten the header from larsenmotorsports??? from what i know you cant use a header for a turbo engine. but i was wondering if its really just a better turbo manifold or what??? if so do you think that it would be worth it to get???<P>thanks for any answers.
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
OsoSlo z28

Re: header for the BPT???

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

it's better for a couple reasons. it's an equal length manifold unlike the stock bpt mani and it can be made to fit any turbo you want.
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

Of course he doesn't recommend something that a competitor sells, Derrick isn't dumb. The LMS parts are some of the nicest parts on the market for either the B6T or BPT. Not one of the GTX guys has had any problems with their LMS manifold. Since these are handmade goods, Larsen has chosen to use the 304 to keep some costs down. Since everything he makes is a custom order, if you want 321, order it. As far as cast goes, not sure where you heard that it is better but it isn't. My cast manifold has small hairline cracks all over, weighs a ton, and is extremely restrictive. Remember, performance doesn't come cheap and you may need to replace parts more frequently depending on your situation. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
maldo

Post by maldo »

Those cracks between each port is to allow for expansion due to heat - seems to serve its purpuse well. Not sure if the guys are using a different bracket than stock, if you didn't know, directly under the turbo there is a bracket supporting the weight of the turbo (mounts to the block, just above the pan).
OsoSlo z28

Post by OsoSlo z28 »

actually, the white hair-line cracks are evidence that the turbo has been run too hot(too much boost, proper cooling not used, ect.)
Fast imports only come on two wheels.
"MR." Ashley Fowler
'02 Yamaha Warrior (1700cc)
'94 MX-3 RS-t (BPT)~ sold
cardomain pics
maldo

Post by maldo »

whoops, should watch what I am referring too. I meant the spaces in between the flange that provide room for expansion. The cracks that you thought I meant are stress cracks related to heat. :p

Return to “Forced Induction”