First time add mods to car

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
SuperX

First time add mods to car

Post by SuperX »

Hello, I got 93 Mazda MX3 4 cyl auto and want to know what first thing can I add to car? Then second, third, etc... thanks! :2thumbsup:
:driver: :driver: :driver:
MarkMoore

Re: First time add mods to car

Post by MarkMoore »

hahahaha... uh-oh.... here we go....
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

#1... audio?
#2... suspension
#3... intake/exhaust
#4... engine swap?
#5... (could be higher if you're into this) body kit/styling on exterior and interior

lol i'm currently on #5 myself.. but skipped #3 and must go back. but either way make the engine swap closer to the top if you have money, cuz a 4cyl automatic has got to be sluggish :welder:

<small>[ November 06, 2004, 03:19 PM: Message edited by: Sam Baker ]</small>
92 Autozam AZ3
SuperX

Post by SuperX »

What engine can I swap to, but I still want to use auto? :driver:
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Hmm, I think just a BP swap (with auto tranny).

Suggest a 1993 protege LX (1.8L), just got to find one with an auto tranny which shouldn't be hard.

Get the whole car, gonna need a lot of parts from it to do the swap.
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

How many miles does your Auto have?
Auto's are known to give problems ti'll the tranny stops working :(
Anyway, i suggest you to swap your engine for a 2.5L KLZE and dont worry you can find them for about $1000 (US). They give off about 200hp and 160ft torque.
You should be able to find links on the Mx-3 Homepage for info on them.
Next thing you should do is go to a Junkyard and buy a used manual transsmision (see the Auto Tranny forum and click on my thread for more info) or just buy a brand new one.
Infact, I am sure there are some RWD trannys that work with the KLZEs or K8s so if you want that option you can go for it and get more traction :D

<small>[ November 07, 2004, 12:11 AM: Message edited by: Juan's MX3 ]</small>
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

its a bit harder to swap the 4 cyl to a V6, why dont we try and make it a bit more easy on him, the BP i think would be the best price vs performance
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
fry_81

Post by fry_81 »

ya swapping to a v6 from an i4 would take tons of work. pretty much everything is different.
1994 5spd GS Parts Car For Sale 800obo. e-mail for details. fry_81@hotmail.com
SuperX

Post by SuperX »

I have 163,000 miles on it and it work fine. I guess I really don't need to swap engine, just want to add more HP or something... like cold air intake, K&N air filter, etc.
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

adding a intake wont help untill the motor is in the high RPMs and under normal conditions you might lose some down low power (bad for auto) and hte auto wont ever get into the high to use the intake, also when you run out autos way up into the high rpms, they just die faster
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
Juans_93_MX3

Post by Juans_93_MX3 »

Oh crap my bad. I forgot he had a 4cyl MX3. Forget what I said about adding a KLZE.
2008 Mazda 3
1993 MX3 GS
KLZE, Fidanza flywheel, KL31 CAMs, South Bend Stage I Clutch, Pacesetter STS, SS AutoChromes, Magnaflow muffler, 2.25' Exhaust, CAI, Blaster Coil HEI, KLDE Valvetrain, 5 Speed Swap
jumboplay

Post by jumboplay »

Personally I'd go with suspension, then audio.

Lower the car and fix all the problems (surely some parts are worn out), then some nice big wheels make the car look sexier than the prom queen.

Audio is always good...and is usually the easiest to do.

Show before go, though - always!
(Sorry, I'm just bitter. I'm running a 96 OBD-II car and I can't swap nothin' without crazy amounts of work. Blah. Or money for that reason.) :crying:
-Tom J, proud MX-3 pilot-
Get your entertainment upgraded at http://www.tommyv2.com

1996 MX-3 RS/GS hybrid, OBDII B6-ZE, painted Mazda crystal white, ZX-2+Eibach, Miglia Spyder 17"s, markerflash, black altezzas, insane fuel economy, too many other mods to list...
Vanished

Post by Vanished »

Well, I still haven't gotten my mx-3 yet, but I've pretty well orginized the order of what i'm doing to my car.

1: Intake and Exaust
2: Rims
3: Some interior things, painting dash, shift nob steering wheel..that kinda stuff
4: Body kit and paint job or engine swap (engine swap icludes some other goods like a clutch and line, tranny, mounts, light weight underdrive crank pully)
5: Audio
6: Witch ever i didn't do in #4
7: Suspension and breaks
8: Nitrouse?

So yah, i've got a parts list and all...anybody got any comments?

<small>[ November 07, 2004, 06:23 PM: Message edited by: Vanshed ]</small>
1992 Blaze MX-3 GS *R.I.P.*

1993 Blue 93 SE-ZE

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2770987/2
babyblueMX3
Supporting Member

Post by babyblueMX3 »

IMO suspension should be put in first
RIP 400whp ZE-T MX-3
Current car : Golf 01 GTI 1.8T (15 psi)
SuperX

Post by SuperX »

Okay, about suspension, I want to know what can I add to it and how much would it cost?

Return to “Appearance”