One wiper setup

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Black Magic

One wiper setup

Post by Black Magic »

Does anyone know how to make a one wiper setup, like the dtm cars? I know some of you hate the idea, it's a matter of personal taste.

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
Gro Harlem

Re: One wiper setup

Post by Gro Harlem »

You take off both of your wiper arms. Take your drivers wiper arm and bolt it to the passenger wiper mount at a huge angle.

The wiper won't swipe the whole windsheild, and it will rest halfway up your windsheild.

Most people think this mod is pure rice and I'd agree. You decrease your wiper-range and overall visibility and it doens't really look "sporty" or whatever anyways.

Unless you get a custom wiper motor and wiper arm that will flip your wiper from one side to the other of your windshield, it won't turn out really well.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Has an acquaintance that did it with his kia, he liked he but said it worked like sh1t in the rain
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

Thanks for your reply, but if I'm gona do it, I wanna do it right, with a longer wiperarm and a propriate wipermotor. Is there any of this stuff for sale, or is it custom all the way?

Bastian
17 inch bba racings rims, apex lowering springs, laser muffler, boost steering wheel, mazdaspeed seats, black altezza's, testpipe, oh and a polished klze with an upgraded clutch and a kl36 ecu.
drift

Post by drift »

my friends mother had an older mercedes station wagon (not sure on the model) that came stock with a single front wiper. i'm sure you could get the motor from a salvage yard, or maybe the whole setup would work.
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

Originally posted by Bastian:
Thanks for your reply, but if I'm gona do it, I wanna do it right
sorry, but there is no right way to do a one-wiper setup 'right' unless you have it installed by car makes that sell this style wiper standard on their cars like mercedes.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
[wolfman]

Post by [wolfman] »

if i remeber correctly, you can modify the linkage between the wiper and the motor (shorten it, i think) and that will increase the sweep of the wiper. A friend of mine did his.... worked pretty well... just chopped the linkage, overlaped it and bolted it together, he got nearly the full 180degrees of sweep.
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

I'll pay you $20 not to do the conversion.
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

Originally posted by CHANKO:
I'll pay you $20 not to do the conversion.
Hey Ryan, What if I had it on my car a few years ago and then put it back to normal?

Would you still pay ME $20??

LOL
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
RaverChankoMX3

Post by RaverChankoMX3 »

Perry~

LoL <sigh> You should pay ME $20 bux b/c you should know better :D
Talon_66

Post by Talon_66 »

Single wiper blade = gh3y :freak:
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Gro Harlem

Post by Gro Harlem »

if you can find the conversion kit then you can make it wor, but it still won't swipe nearly as much water away as the stock setup.

You can get a wiper arm/special wiper motor conversion kit. I've seen them on ebay, but they were like $100.
Noble Green Metallic 93' GS Hybrid, 91' 1.8 323
DONATE TO MX-3.COM
D_Gagne

Post by D_Gagne »

or just get a wiper and moter from a crx(honda) they come stock with one wiper set up im sure u can mod it on to ur car should be a fun lil project but remeber to each there own man do ur own thang
92 mx3,lime green paint 18 inch motegi mr7's,blitz front n rear bumper,fx side skirts,isotta wheel,ractive seats,ractive gtr aluminum wing,apexi exhaust, www.cardomain.com/id/livin_lime_mazda
Black Magic

Post by Black Magic »

I realy wanna do that mod, but if I do it I wanna do it right.

Bastian
David Witherow

Post by David Witherow »

a CRX doesnt come with one wiper!!!!!!!!!

Return to “Appearance”