HID Kits

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
Soulflare

HID Kits

Post by Soulflare »

Just wonder if anyone knows few companies that offers the HID conversion kits that has both the low and high beam.... most only allows u to keep low beam...thx in advance...
Soulflare
Pearl MX-3 GSR (SOLD)
Mystic RX-8 GT
Sonicxtacy02

Re: HID Kits

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

There was a topic on this just over a week ago. Do a search for "HID" or talk to DJPRO, he has a kit installed and pics to go with it.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

i think only one company makes em but they are not for our head light size...
but you really dont need high beams to that my mom has em on her new maxima & shaun cancontest too b/c of his rental
jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by monty73741:

but you really dont need high beams
<hr></blockquote><p>Yes you do. Longer distance lighting moron. Geez.<p> :roll: <p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Aiden:
<p>Yes you do. Longer distance lighting moron. Geez.<p> :D
some people might live in the city and will never use their high beam, as i have never done except to piss people off,, :D
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

chill man.........<p>if you have trouble seeing @ night with HID's then u are overdriving your head lights......<p>i have driven a new nissian maxima with hid'd
& the high beams dont do anything......<p>jason
Jason Danaher
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

I agree with Monty73741. I also have driven the new Maxima with HID's along with Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Acura TL and even a Lincoln VIII. The high beams in these vehicles don't make much of a different. If anything it's used to signal people.
I currently have HID's in my MX-3. I drive on the city and on back roads through all weather conditions without any problem. With these babies, you can see everything.<p>later,
dee.
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
'08 CX-9 AWD GRAND TOURING
millionflame

Post by millionflame »

Whatever. I wouldn't try and convince me you know what you're talking about here.<p>HIDs in our stock headlights are the worst option you could possibly ever do.<p>HID low beams only go so far. A halogen high beam is BETTER 100% than ANY low beam no matter what. If it wasn't, then there would never be a high beam to being with. :roll: <p>High beams aren't designed for "flashing." They're designed to illumnate FARTHER down the road than a low beam could. All an HID in a low beam will do is illuminate the immidiate area better, not down the road better.<p>You should NEVER drive with your low beams on outside of a city. You're asking for death.<p>~A
~ Millionflame (94 GS 120K)
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by monty73741:
i have driven a new nissian maxima with hid'd
& the high beams dont do anything......
<hr></blockquote><p>Than:<p>
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DJPRO:
I agree with Monty73741. I also have driven the new Maxima with HID's along with Mercedes, BMW, Audi, Acura TL and even a Lincoln VIII. The high beams in these vehicles don't make much of a different.]<hr></blockquote><p>But that doesnt make sence:<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by DJPRO:
I currently have HID's in my MX-3. I drive on the city and on back roads through all weather conditions without any problem. With these babies, you can see everything.
<hr></blockquote><p>BTW DJPro, where did you get your kit? Whats it cost per replacement bulb?<p>Once i was driving on the highway at night and i saw this Mercedes driving behind a transport, the back of the trailer was lit like day!<p>[ March 31, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Jackattack

Post by Jackattack »

AIDEN...WHEN DID YOU BECOME THE LIGHTING GOD????
honestly dude you have no idea wtf you are talking about, I t really bothers me when people come on this board and give utterly useless, opinionated, WRONG answers and comments when it is absolutly un-necsisary.<p>do you have HID'S?
Have you tried every lighting option available?<p>Didnt think so.......<p>ever heard the saying "if you have nothing intelligent to say, dont say anything at all"????<p>I think it applies.<p>have fun.<p>Jack :shrug:
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

here the deal i live in the subherbs....
i go into the country i dont use the high beams at all....
you can overdrive your head light either with high or low beams that is just stupid to speed in the woods, you either hit a deer, or a tree
Jason Danaher
DJPRO

Post by DJPRO »

Nd4SpdSe, I'm sorry but I bought the aftermarket set a year ago from a friend for U$S 200 and I immediately put it in my MX. I checked the other day to see who makes it and found any logos in the blast. I know people that have bought the same kit on eBay with any problems. I would recommend going with 7000k or higher for color output.
As far as replacing the bulb, these babies are going to last for a really long time. The bulb doesn't have a filament to produce light. If I had to change the bulb I really don't know how much it would cost. <p>later,
dee
'92 MIATA
'93 MX-3 BPT
Andrew_Pakula

Post by Andrew_Pakula »

I have seen whitefish's mx-3 with HID's in person and I must say they are bright as hell but look great.<p>If you have trouble seeing at night with HID's installed on your mx-3 then either: 1. you should get your eyes checked out or 2. you didn't install them right and they aren't working properly<p>I only wish I could install them on my mx-3, if it wasn't for the high cost I would have them.
blikmik

Post by blikmik »

I APOLIGIZE TO ALL NOT MENTIONED IN THIS POST FOR EVEN HAVING TO READ THIS!!!<p>Although I have to agree with Jackattack on paople with little knowledge just boasting out garbage info simply to show us they can type, I ALSO disagree with with you Jack... for posting YOUR useless opinion. Most of us read the forums and posts for info and questions... not personal bantering.<p>What pisses me off even more is the fact that I'm doing the same thing by posting this reply... it's just that there's too much of this CRAP going on on here guys... use the forum for what it's meant for!<p>Peace!!<p>As far as the lights go, if anyome has a name brand that they can share for the conversion kit, I would also be greatful.<p>[ April 02, 2003: Message edited by: blikmik ]</p>

Return to “Appearance”