Removing Antenna, How to fill hole?

A forum for Appearance Discussions. (Exterior, Body Kits, & Interior)
justin h

Removing Antenna, How to fill hole?

Post by justin h »

I'm getting my car painted and I want to take off the antenna. I'm using fiberglass to fill the three holes. Does anyone have any recommendations on how to do this? I basically know how to do it. But, I'm wondering if anyone with an MX-3 has more input that would help my individual situation, as all other outside help I've recieved is general and basic. Any input on how to make it last 'forever'.
SmokyMcGee

Re: Removing Antenna, How to fill hole?

Post by SmokyMcGee »

i think the fiberglass would last forever if you throw that in there. I used puddy to fill holes..hell i used it to fill holes in my interio pieces. Much easier to work with.
eD
92 KL-ZE V6 FX-Designs kit
Sparkle Blue
http://smokymcgee.5u.com/index.html
justin h

Post by justin h »

I'm not sure how I'm going to get it smooth because I'll have to lay the fiberglass over the hole.
precidian

Post by precidian »

When I had my car in getting fixed at the body shop, I had asked them to remove the antenna. They ended up welding up the hole, filed it down and painted. <BR>Now looking at the car you cannot tell that is used to have an external antenna.<P>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

Fiber galss probably isn/t the way to go for a patch on metal. Different coefficients of expansion will make little cracks that lead to biger ones.... Getting it welded would probably be the best, and shouldn't be too expensive, especially compared to a new paint job.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.

Return to “Appearance”