car stuttering

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
jordan69

car stuttering

Post by jordan69 »

yeah, so i swapped in the KLZE engine this summer and everything was working awesome, then all of a sudden last week, i was driving along in third gear and the car started to shake and the rpms would instantly drop a couple hundred then bounce back up to normal, and then ever since then, some days it does it lots, other days it doesnt do it at all, some days i will be driving down the highway and it will do it and my whole car stutters doing 120, that really sucks, it almost seems like the disty likes to just skip a beat, any help u guys could give me would be great, i still have to get around to running codes since it has happened, and i calibrated my TPS just the other day so that cant be the problem.
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a White guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war
ninjasteve

Re: car stuttering

Post by ninjasteve »

change your spark plugs, test your plug wires, and if that doesnt work then its probably a disty problem. I had the same thing, the plastic on the end of some of my plug wires was ****ed and the spark was sometimes grounding through that so i wasnt getting and spark some of the time
mazdaownz

Post by mazdaownz »

Yeah, the same thing happened to my friend's mx3, the spark plugs were completely out, and once he replaced 'em the car was fine.

But you might want to check them first anyway just so your sure that they are gone.

Mazdaownz
92' MX3 GS teal, mazdaspeed air intake, 15' Konig rims...soon to put about 6k into entire car, engine and exterior.
jordan69

Post by jordan69 »

well you know, the weirdest thing happened, it just stopped doing it and hasnt done it for a good week now, weird, i guess i'll just leave it at that, and my spark plugs and wires are all new.
You know the world is going crazy when the best rapper is a White guy, the best golfer is a black guy, The Swiss hold the America's Cup, France is accusing the US of arrogance, and Germany doesn't want to go to war
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

well same happened to me when i washed engine bay and I guess one drop got into spark plug well and it just would do same stuff, then dried off and would drive just fine
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”