B&M short thrower

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
ZEmadman

B&M short thrower

Post by ZEmadman »

just curious about the B&M installation. is it really as simple as the instructions or do i need any other parts, guy at the transmission shop said that i may need some adapters er something. from what i can tell, and have read, it's pretty much a bolt on.

thanks guys
Talon_66

Re: B&M short thrower

Post by Talon_66 »

93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Neil

Post by Neil »

When i installed my tech racing short shifter i didnt even have to jack the car off the ground keep in mind it was a very tight squeeze, i havent changed the bushings yet though. Just remove your lower dash. take the shift knot off. than theres a little spring in the shifter you have to pull out use some needle nose plyers. than you gotta take the bolt out from undereath, pull the old shifter out from above drop in the new one back in with the spring, bolt it back up and you should be good to go. All in all i dont think it took more than 40mins.. mainly because with the tight squeeze it made it abit tricky to screw the bolt back on but its very simple.
Ever notice anyone driving slower than you is an idiot and anyone driving faster than you is a maniac?
01-03 Civic Projector Swap Tutorial
Zetgohan

Post by Zetgohan »

i asked in another topic (no response)
i have a JSPEC short shifter(ebay), i read that some may screw up your linkage? anyone know if i should change it out, anyone else have problems with it?

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”