traveling long distance with a gs mx 3

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
obsurvontone

traveling long distance with a gs mx 3

Post by obsurvontone »

Does any one know how good a 92 mx3 gs will travel with a distance of 800-850 miles with very frequent stops and rest.The car runs great on 142000 miles.If I put a new alternator and valve cover gaskets in will that help.Also if it's not mind about how much gas money would i need and what other liquids,oils etc would i need for such a trip.The trip is from macon ga to either philadelphia pa or south jersey.Secondly is this bogus?
What up
Ricksmx3
Supporting Member

Re: traveling long distance with a gs mx 3

Post by Ricksmx3 »

I have a 92 gs with 148000 miles on it and i travel alot to and from north and south carolina. The trips i take are 300 miles and i get like 32 miles to the gallon traveling about 80 mph and i only stop once there and once back. I fill up before i leave and then before i come back again. If you car dont leak any fluids just top them off before you leave and just check your oil maybe once or twice on your way there. Other than that the car should be fine.

<small>[ September 04, 2004, 05:00 PM: Message edited by: Ricksmx3 ]</small>
2010 MazdaSpeed 3
goldsberry1

Post by goldsberry1 »

my kl has like 120k on it and i do 2 1400 mile trips twice a year. i just did one with the throw out bearing makeing noise and it made it the whole way just fine. i only stoped every 200 miles for gas. but then i got home and drove through a big ol puddle and sucked up water. so just dont drive through deep puddles and change the oil before you go very far and you'll be fine.
92' mx-3 gsr, built engine, forged internals, p/p ze heads. t3/t4e .63/.60 turbo, udp, msd ignition, millenia s injectors, millenia im, water cooled intercooler, afpr, fmu. running at 7 psi right now
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

Wouldn't think twice about going cross country in mine :D

Did over 1500 miles in two days with it. I stopped at around 300 mile intervals and probably for ~20 minutes on average.
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
newflow

Post by newflow »

All those suggestions are good. Last summer I made a trip to houston, TX from NYC. In about 2 and half days, and 16hrs per day, we made it. It was around 200 miles that we rested, refueled and let the engine cool for about 10 - 20 minutes (keep in mind it was summer time). We (a friend and I) check the oil, water and tires every 8hr drive. Same thing back home. :D
Compact Gladiator

"Do not follow the path, instead; go where there is no path and leave a trail"

WWW.GEOCITIES.COM/NEWFLOW81
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

i would hop in mie right now and go coast to coast in it without hesitation, so enjoy your trip
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

runs fine for me on 800mile round trip, just put in gas and it goes
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”