is this guy pulling my leg?

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
dPmunky

is this guy pulling my leg?

Post by dPmunky »

this guy moved into my neighborhood a few days ago and he's got an mx-3, so i was like hell yeah, im gunna go meet this guy. so we're talking about his car and he tells me he's got 250hp under the hood w/o turbo OR an engine swap...so i figure nos right, NOPE! of course i didnt believe him but he starts rattling off a bunch of stuff he's had done to it (dropped lots of $$$) port polish(wtf is that?), engine balance, exhaust, chip, and something else about his displacement?<p>i know this guy's gotta be pullin my leg.....right??!!
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: is this guy pulling my leg?

Post by Custommx3 »

ask him if u can smoke some of what hes smoking.
Cause if u got 250 out of a K8 N/A... its gotta be some good stuff :)
Manach

Post by Manach »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dPmunky:
this guy moved into my neighborhood a few days ago and he's got an mx-3, so i was like hell yeah, im gunna go meet this guy. so we're talking about his car and he tells me he's got 250hp under the hood w/o turbo OR an engine swap...so i figure nos right, NOPE! of course i didnt believe him but he starts rattling off a bunch of stuff he's had done to it (dropped lots of $$$) port polish(wtf is that?), engine balance, exhaust, chip, and something else about his displacement?<p>i know this guy's gotta be pullin my leg.....right??!!<hr></blockquote><p>if those are done.. i must say, why didn't he did that to the 2.5l instead. P&P can give on a 125hp engine around 5-10 hp, balancince arouns 2-5, exhaust 2-10 and displacement, 2-10..<p>I think he upgraded at least 20hp, if everything is ok.. at the wheel.. but NEVER 250hp.. Mx3Racers is estimate arouns 220hp on his KL-ZE, and having a lots of trouble trying to go over that.. Mazdasly is estimate arouns 260hp on hiw KL-ZE, but he has done WAY TOO MUCH mods to it for NA (Example, 6 individual TB)..<p>Try not to bash this guy, but more, teach him.. bring him to tracks, to shows, to experts.. They will calm his lies..
Manach
Ex Mx'er with a Mx-3 1993..

Still in the Mazda Familly with :
-Mazda Rx-7 1987 GXL (Not running, one housing does not compress)
-Mazda Protege MazdaSpeed 2003.5 Titanium!

Still got 3 Engines!
- B6-ZE : Turbo Festiva project (Waiting donor car)
- BP-DE : Trader for a B6-ZE 1994 for parts upgrade in the Festiva project
- K8 : For sell. Pm me for info!

Once you go turbo, you can never go back!
papa roached

Post by papa roached »

*couch* rice boy *couch*
93 MX-3 GS (collecting parts for Eunos Presso conversion), 94 626 Transmission (4.10 gears), KL31 camed KL-ZE, Millenia intake, Millenia TB, SSAutochrome V2 headers, Magnaflow cat, 2 1/4 in pipe, Top Speed Pro 1 muffler, 9lb Fidanza Flywheel, ACT clutch, Corksport SS clutch line, Corksport SS brake lines, Unorthadox UDP, 255 lph fuel pump, HEI mod, ghetto-charger intake, KL36 ECU, SRD transverse crossmember bushings, SRD shifter extention bushing, SRD crossmember, Corksport bronzoil shifter bushings, Brembo Crossdrilled and Slotted rotors, 15 inch Konig Heliums, ZX-2 S/R struts, Eibach lowering springs, OEM front strut bar, Ebay rear strut bar, BFGoodrich G-Force T/A KDWs

Parts needing installed: turbo kit from BB (if i ever get it), 9.0:1 CR Diamond pistons, 4340 forged H beam rods, C/J-Spec spoiler, Nissan red tops in KL rails
http://www.cardomain.com/id/blazejeremy
BADMX3

Post by BADMX3 »

well when people ask me what bhp my car is running at... why lie mines probably not even running at what mazda state as it's bhp should be.
I can't wait to get the money for the klze!
until then it's powered by bass!
jwillistyl55

Post by jwillistyl55 »

why dont u ask him to take ya for a spin you will see right there that what he has dont give him that much.....haha unless his chip is from ebay!!! :D you know what im talkin about
SPEED KILLS! SAVE A LIFE! DRIVE A HONDA!!!
dPmunky

Post by dPmunky »

thats what i thought<p>whats a port polish, and is the klz engine a mazda engine? or what? i hear people talking about it all the time whats the deal
"the comma is the weakest of all operators, even the equals, EVEN THE EQUALS! bullies the comma"
--claude comair
food for thought
JasonH

Post by JasonH »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by dPmunky:
thats what i thought<p>whats a port polish, and is the klz engine a mazda engine? or what? i hear people talking about it all the time whats the deal<hr></blockquote>
"Port Polish" is a term popularized by the Gran Turismo series of video games. It is a bad translation of the English language term "Port and Polish" (sometimes written as "port/polish", but still spoken as "port and polish".) Porting involves removing material from the intake and exhaust ports in the heads. Polishing is polishing the ports to a very smooth finish. Both of these help to have the least restrictive airflow in and out of the engine. <p>Next time you see him, ask him if he did an "NA Tune" as well.
andy

Post by andy »

I think you need to clean your ears out :) . He probably said 150hp. whatever, I would have started to laugh when he said that which would have insulted his manhood. I hope he's not reading this. sorry if you are.
Yeah, all those mods might be good for 20 hp. but each to his own.
Andy P. 93 GS
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

I wouldnt be too hard on the guy, He probably paid some shop to do up his car and they over stated how much power it was making, and he doesnt know enough to know that. On a car that has alot of added power(250-300) but has stock heads and intake, porting them can add 20-50 H.P. , same thing with a custom chip, if you have a bunch of improvments then fine tuning the computer can also add 15-30 hp, certian cars respond differently, on an RSX TypeS it picked up 20 H.P at the wheels from just a cold air intake system, this is because the rsx has a restrictive intake system and cold air is denser than hot air.<p>so the shop tells him stock engine is 130 h.p.+ P/P 40h.p., exhaust 15h.p., intake 15 H.p., engine work, 20 h.p., chip 20h.p., synthetic oil 10 h.p. = 250 h.p.<p>A KL-ZE is a 195-200 H.P. 2.5L K series engine found in certian J-spec mazda cars , K8 is a 1.8 130 H.P. K series engine(thats whats in the 1.8L MX-3 GS). All K series engines are interchangeable. meening since the MX-3 came with a K8, any K series will bolt into the engine bay.<p>K8, KF, KL, KJ, K8-ZE ,KF-ZE, KL-ZE, KJ-ZE
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
monstar-mx-3

Post by monstar-mx-3 »

you can get 10 extra hp with syn oil? :eek:
TsiMiata

Post by TsiMiata »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by monstar-mx-3:
you can get 10 extra hp with syn oil? :eek: <hr></blockquote><p>If you had 300hp to start with
93 MX-3 GS- ZE, KL31 ECU, Fidanza Flywheel, CM Stage 2-R clutch, Hotshot Headers

99 Subaru Impreza RS, the new toy

91 Eagle Talon Tsi AWD *RIP*
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr> Porting involves removing material from the intake and exhaust ports in the heads. Polishing is polishing the ports to a very smooth finish. Both of these help to have the least restrictive airflow in and out of the engine. <hr></blockquote><p>just to add to the convo, i was watching horse power TV about a week ago and they said that when you port and polish a head you want to keep the intake side a little rougher. it's supposed to help the fuel mix with the air. some teacher from Wyotech was saying this and they increased the flow in the head by 40% or something. i was definetly impressed.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”